Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strange issue, just asking if anyone experienced something similar:

my "EVGA nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0" works perfectly unter OS X sierra with the new driver, everything smooth.
But it just won't work under dual-booted Windows 10 Pro 1703.
Windows 10 just do not detect the card, no matter what I 've tried, reset or reinstalling drivers and /or windows 10 (ddu , etc,...).

And here comes the strange thing; if I add am "EVGA nvidia GeForce GTX 760" SC as a second card, Windows detect both and everything is OK and works as usual ?!?
Windows 10 just don't run with a single GTX 1070 ?!?!

MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 LGA1366 BIOS: FH
CPU Processor Intel Core i7 950 3,06Ghz
RAM HyperX Savage HX316C9SRK4/32 32GB (1600MHz, CL9) DDR3-RAM Kit (4x8GB)
GPU EVGA nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0
GPU EVGA nvidia GeForce GTX 760 SC
Firewire PCIe Digitus Firewire 800 / 400 Combo, DS-30203-1
USB3 PCIe Inateck KT4006 , Frecso Logic FL1100
Fan Control SCYTHE Kaze Server
Bluetooth GMYLE Bluetooth Class 2 4+EDR USB-stick

Can you guys help me out? I'm a newb with this whole hackintosh building.. I purchased an i7 6700k, gtx 1070, and z170mx gaming mobo.

I've tried an installation on it, but I had a couple problems. DVI worked, but the display port didnt work for my 4k monitor. I installed the pascal drivers on nvidia website, but that still didn't work very well.

Do you think it has something to do with my unibeast / multibeast settings? Which settings would you reccomend for my build?

Thanks so much.

Does anyone here have problem with 3D text rendering on FCP 10.3?
the text are just playing peekaboo and exporting project will not include 3D text.
Sierra 10.12.4 Nvidia 1070 :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Can you guys help me out? I'm a newb with this whole hackintosh building.. I purchased an i7 6700k, gtx 1070, and z170mx gaming mobo.

I've tried an installation on it, but I had a couple problems. DVI worked, but the display port didnt work for my 4k monitor. I installed the pascal drivers on nvidia website, but that still didn't work very well.

Do you think it has something to do with my unibeast / multibeast settings? Which settings would you reccomend for my build?

Thanks so much.
First go ahead and fill out your profile with your system spec. I know you posted it in the text but it's a quick reference. Then you probably should pick a problem to solve and find and research in the appropriate forum. This thread is essentially a dead thread at this point, it was where we all bitched about no drivers for 10 months. Now we have drivers so we have new threads for dealing with specific problems.
There's no way to come up with general guidelines for your system. Multibeast is a great resource to get you most of the way but then you'll have specific issues you want to fix. You may get lucky and find a thread specifically for your motherboard.

Thanks so much.

Multi monitor problems sometimes stem from injecting nvidia in the graphics section of Clover. Check that you do not have any graphics injection enabled. It could possibly be down to the system definition that you are using. On some monitors you need to enable the DisplayPort input from the menu on the monitor.

You will find more information on this in the pinned threads in the graphics section. If you ask further questions please follow the site rules and fill out your profile (personal details) to reflect your precise CPU, Motherboard and graphics. This allows folk to see at a glance what you are using and its helpful to quickly think of some advice. TIA :thumbup:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/graphics.13/

@thedocbwarren
I am uploading my full efi partition for you. iMac definition is 14,2 and I have also changed the serial.
You can use it directly.

This is latest clover 4061. It is UEFI based with CSM disabled.

Included:
1. ACPI patches for USB 3
2. Kext Patches for USB 3 support
3. Minimalism theme
4. Trim enabled
5. Nvidia Web driver enabled
6. IntelMausiEthernet.kext and HDMIAudio.kext are in kexts/other folder

mount your efi and replace clover folder with mine.
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/JbzWTXGz/file.html

PS: My EFI is only suitable if you have all these 3 things
1. Z170 and Z270 based motherboards with CSM disabled
2. Skylake CPUs. (If you have Kabylake CPU, do the extra tweak given below)
3. Nvidia Pascal/Maxwell based cards.

All others can also use my efi partition but you may need to modify it further.... spread the love. Credits to tonymacx86

Quick Kabylake CPU Guide

To boot, CPU ID needs to be spoofed. Go into Clover options at boot time and input the Skylake ID as FakeCPUID. Then just add the key and string in the KextandKernelPatches section of Clover's config.plist during post-installation.

Skylake CPUID: 0x0506E3

Or by manually editing config.plist
Code:
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>FakeCPUID</key>
<string>0x0506E3</string>

By the way your file helped get rid of my issues. Thank you so much!

Try resetting your BIOS settings. If Windows still does not detect your card, then it may be incompatible or some problem with your card.

ALSO, the 1070 should be in your primary GPU slot that is the one closest to CPU.

Hi,

1070 is of course the main GPU.
bios resets did not solved the problem.
the bios of the mainboard "GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R" is at latest version already which is "FH".

however, I guess I can isolate the root cause now, here is what I found out:

I removed 1x 8GB module of the 4 modules, so it results in 3x8GB which is 24GB overall RAM.
With this configuration it is possible to run the 1070 alone without any issues at all, windows 10 is starting up as usual.
Well, the mainboard is a tripple channel board, but it supports a 4 ram module setup, as it is described in the manual (page 16), also it supports RAM up to 32GB with latest bios version "FH"

So, my assumption is that RAM + GPURAM must not exceed 32GB, but only for Windows 10!
On OS X everything works fine, 32GB(4x8GB) and 1070 on main slot.

the workaround is indeed either remove RAM, down to 24GB, or have a second GPU that does the Windows level rendering for the system.

Hi guys,

I successfully built my hackintosh with a GTX 1080 yesterday, everything works fine, except one thing... and it's pretty problematic I think.

My system is running an i7, with an ASUS Z170-M mobo and a GTX 1080 windforce OC - i installed the new drivers and my graphics card is showing up under "My Mac" Tab, but when i open up the full report page, my PCI slot is empty, non existent and my GPU is running under OpenCL, not CUDA.

This would be fine, but when I open up After Effects and I open a project which last used a Mercury Graphics Accelerator CUDA and I try to play the animation (just working basically) the whole system crashes and I need to reboot.

Keep in mind, I have my BIOS settings done right - PCI set as primary.
Another "glitch" is that when my Hackintosh is booting up, the first screen is a distorted apple logo (small resolution) with the progress bar and after it gets to about 3 thirds of the way, it gets to it's normal resolution and I get to the password screen.

So my question is, how can I get my GPU to show up under PCI tab in the report window and how can i set it to use CUDA and not Open CL

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back