Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTX 1080 is working great on my machine except for this: In Google Chrome, YouTube videos look really washed out. It's really bizarre. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know of a fix?

Here's a screenshot. Left is Chrome, right is Safari. It's subtle, but it's still really annoying. Chrome looks more milky.
osSZhcL.jpg

I remember having a similar issue in Windows, but the NVIDIA Control Panel on Windows let you easily change the gamma settings....

Samsung 4K TV will not work at 60 Hz at 4K resolution if you connect it via HDMI. That is because either macOS or Nvidia Drivers (or both) don't support HDMI 2.0.
So either you have to reduce resolution to 1080p @ 60Hz or run 4K @ 30 Hz for for your TV to show picture.
Some dude who makes Core-Display patch to enable HDMI 4K @ 60Hz is away on a vacation. You can try Club3D DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 active adapter but it is a limited success with no display on boot.

Well, I thought exactly the same, but I was shocked when I forgot to change cabling in one of my test, and I had beautiful 4K@60Hz UHD Color picture without Club3D adapter. I was so surprised I made same test using only one cable, connected to HDMI 2.0 port, and power cycle.

I made this test previously and went no-go, but key point here is CSM disable in BIOS.

Now I'm at the office, later I'll try to replay testing and take some screenshots.

Sadly, either with or without Club3d adapter, I have same behaviour: hotplug or die.

PS: I have two Club3d CAC-1070 adapter, with two different firmwares, one old and one with latest version.

Now I encounter another problem that I can't choice which GPU as my main GPU in system preferences panel, maybe caused by iMac 17,1 definition.
The system will use whatever GPU is physically connected to your display, you can't switch them in software.

The system will use whatever GPU is physically connected to your display, you can't switch them in software.
I have connected both GPU to one display, so I can change input source in display settings,
and choice [mirror] in system preferences panel.
In this situation, system will use both GPU?
Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 12.22.58 AM.png

I have connected both GPU to one display, so I can change input source in display settings,
and choice [mirror] in system preferences panel.
In this situation, system will use both GPU?
View attachment 250519
I think @Fl0r!an was probably (?) thinking you were asking about the ability of the OS to switch one monitor from one GPU to another GPU like MacBook Pros do. MBPs have the usual Intel GPU on the motherboard, and a discrete GPU, and you can toggle in the OS in software, in the Energy Saver system pref panel: Automatic graphics switching. I think you can't do that with Hackintoshes.

If you have one panel connected via two inputs to the outputs of two GPUs as you describe, the system doesn't use both GPUs to drive the display. As you say you can use the buttons on the monitor to toggle which input it displays. The downside to doing this is that the OS may think you have extra physical displays and the desktop may behave oddly, but you're using the mirroring solution to cut down on the irritating nature of doing this, so that's fine.

To answer your original question about choosing your GPU, you can't do that on Hacks. You can either enable or disable each GPU (including the iGPU) in your BIOS, and then you can either connect a display to each GPU output or not.

Looks like the driver didn't load at all. Have a look at problem #6 in the Nvidia troubleshooting thread.

I think it did... all of the graphics are super fast and the driver being used is identified as the Nvidia Web Driver. (If it was the default driver, I can see the difference immediately - graphics redraws look like a series of horizontal bands being drawn several times very slowly... graphics look normal. Just not getting the correct card ID in About This Mac.)

I will take a look at the thread you mentioned though. Thx!

Wow, the thread is almost celebrating its One Year anniversary and finally our prayers have been heard!
I used to check by here every day until I thought it would never happen. I have a 1060 6GB/s in an Akitio Thunderbolt Case connected to my Macbook Pro. So far I only used the setup for gaming under Windows but now I can finally speed up my editing! I got the egpu setup working within 10 minutes, amazing!!
Thanks to everyone who was nagging NVIDIA about Pascal support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back