Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm, now i wonder if the system definition is the culprit. I'm having a hard time understanding when you'd might change these. Is it not better to represent your "Mac" closer to the machine it's similar? Such as my UD5 6700K being an iMac 17,1 vs 14,2 even with the GTX-1080?
There's no benefit of using iMac17,1 with an Skylake build. Power management will also work natively with iMac14,2, and it'll safe you from patching AGDP when using a Nvidia GPU (which newer SMBIOS profiles don't like).

Got it. Interesting. I've been somewhat confused on the differnt posts regarding using certain system definitions.

There's no benefit of using iMac17,1 with an Skylake build. Power management will also work natively with iMac14,2, and it'll safe you from patching AGDP when using a Nvidia GPU (which newer SMBIOS profiles don't like).

Hey, I was running Witcher 2 on my hack using the newly released Pascal Web drivers and during the opening cut scene where the guy throws the freezing tube, as soon as the glass breaks my hack restarted. Anybody else have that problem?
Was able to get thru the opening cut scene in Witcher 2 w/o my hack restarting on me, however the the menu options in the UI keep flickering. Hope NVIDIA can release some better drivers to resolve this

Dude !

Thank you so much this has solved a few issues of mine instantly :)

My ACL1150 isn't working still but I was about to re-install my Sierra install because of all the "Tweaking" I had messed up.

You've saved my bacon !

Cheers.

@thedocbwarren
I am uploading my full efi partition for you. iMac definition is 14,2 and I have also changed the serial.
You can use it directly.

This is latest clover 4061. It is UEFI based with CSM disabled.

Included:
1. ACPI patches for USB 3
2. Kext Patches for USB 3 support
3. Minimalism theme
4. Trim enabled
5. Nvidia Web driver enabled
6. IntelMausiEthernet.kext and HDMIAudio.kext are in kexts/other folder

mount your efi and replace clover folder with mine.
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/JbzWTXGz/file.html

PS: My EFI is only suitable if you have all these 3 things
1. Z170 and Z270 based motherboards with CSM disabled
2. Skylake CPUs. (If you have Kabylake CPU, do the extra tweak given below)
3. Nvidia Pascal/Maxwell based cards.

All others can also use my efi partition but you may need to modify it further.... spread the love. Credits to tonymacx86

Quick Kabylake CPU Guide

To boot, CPU ID needs to be spoofed. Go into Clover options at boot time and input the Skylake ID as FakeCPUID. Then just add the key and string in the KextandKernelPatches section of Clover's config.plist during post-installation.

Skylake CPUID: 0x0506E3

Or by manually editing config.plist
Code:
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>FakeCPUID</key>
<string>0x0506E3</string>

hmmmm, seems to be forming a club with bad 1150s. Wonder if it's flat broken.

Dude !

Thank you so much this has solved a few issues of mine instantly :)

My ACL1150 isn't working still but I was about to re-install my Sierra install because of all the "Tweaking" I had messed up.

You've saved my bacon !

Cheers.

After getting Sierra onto this Hack so easily months ago, I thought this was all going to be a breeze, having done plenty of Linux installs on weird hardware, but I've been banging my head against problem after problem. I kept thinking, "Can't someone just give me their entire config?" And then you did.

I have my GTX 1080 working.
I have my USB3 working.

My audio probably isn't working, but I don't really care since I use USB for that anyway.

Now if I could only get Thunderbolt working...

(I know, off topic! I'll see myself out!)

The new Clover is much easier on the eyes, too.

@thedocbwarren
I am uploading my full efi partition for you. iMac definition is 14,2 and I have also changed the serial.
You can use it directly.

This is latest clover 4061. It is UEFI based with CSM disabled.

Included:
1. ACPI patches for USB 3
2. Kext Patches for USB 3 support
3. Minimalism theme
4. Trim enabled
5. Nvidia Web driver enabled
6. IntelMausiEthernet.kext and HDMIAudio.kext are in kexts/other folder

mount your efi and replace clover folder with mine.
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/JbzWTXGz/file.html

PS: My EFI is only suitable if you have all these 3 things
1. Z170 and Z270 based motherboards with CSM disabled
2. Skylake CPUs. (If you have Kabylake CPU, do the extra tweak given below)
3. Nvidia Pascal/Maxwell based cards.

All others can also use my efi partition but you may need to modify it further.... spread the love. Credits to tonymacx86

Quick Kabylake CPU Guide

To boot, CPU ID needs to be spoofed. Go into Clover options at boot time and input the Skylake ID as FakeCPUID. Then just add the key and string in the KextandKernelPatches section of Clover's config.plist during post-installation.

Skylake CPUID: 0x0506E3

Or by manually editing config.plist
Code:
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>FakeCPUID</key>
<string>0x0506E3</string>

I have interesting experiences with my Gigabyte xTreme Gaming 1080. The driver will not display with the driver enabled. I figured it was mny Samsung 4K monitor and diplayport but no luck on any other ports. I tried a few changes with the system identifier with no luck.

On the flip side, my other hack box runs flawlessly with the 1050ti and a gigabyte z170-HD3 mother board. I'm not sure idf it's a case of the video card or the motherboard. I'd guess the 1080 is poorly supported by this driver.

Hi,

I'm having similar issues...Nvidia 1080 + Samsung 4K (mine is a TV). In my case, I can boot properly, and works so well, until I use sleep/wake (or even weirder, if I change from active HDMI to another source). Once I'm in that situation (working rig with no signal to panel), I need to hotplug (or power cycle TV) several times, and then I got signal again.

Is that your case?

Samsung 4K TV will not work at 60 Hz at 4K resolution if you connect it via HDMI. That is because either macOS or Nvidia Drivers (or both) don't support HDMI 2.0.
So either you have to reduce resolution to 1080p @ 60Hz or run 4K @ 30 Hz for for your TV to show picture.
Some dude who makes Core-Display patch to enable HDMI 4K @ 60Hz is away on a vacation. You can try Club3D DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 active adapter but it is a limited success with no display on boot.

Can confirm. Using club3d dp to hdmi, still have to hot plug or cycle my tv after sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back