Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
After year of waiting, finally works on my GTX 1050!

Снимок экрана 2017-04-14 в 23.46.22.png

Working:

Zotac AMP! Extreme 1080
Gigabyte Z170X-Designare

Problem 6: You select Nvidia Web Drivers in the menu bar or the Nvidia Driver Manager preference pane but when you restart OS X Default Graphics Driver is checked.

Fix: setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.

Solution here

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 22.02.54.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 22.02.54.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 22.10.49.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 22.10.49.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 177
I was never able to get iMessages to work nor on-board audio (I had to use a USB adapter, which was very annoying)...but both work now!

Off-topic, but how did you get iMessages to work exactly? I've been trying for the past two days with the iDiot's Guide to the T and I've still gotten a generic "authentication error" every time. The only thing I know that can be wrong is my main connection being WiFi but en0 is mapped to Ethernet (Killer).

Otherwise, with my 1060 working as well as it does, my Hack setup is basically 95% complete.

I sincerely apologize for being off-topic I just need a better lead as to complete my setup.

I don't think that's due to the driver. Does this happen with your iGPU as well, by chance? Or, by extension, persisting across reboots?
Yup. For some reason it just started happening. I originally had a build with a 960 and 1080, but when the pascal drivers came out I removed the 960 and updated to the new pascal drivers without any problems. I ended up getting a second 1080 for SLI in Windows yesterday, but everything seemed to work fine for a while until I started messing with some of the ports that I would put my DisplayPort cable into, and for a while macOS would black screen on boot if I had both of my 4k monitors plugged into the same graphics card, but would boot up perfectly fine if each monitor was plugged in to each separate graphics card. Which is weird, and macOS detects both 1080s. I just started getting it to boot fine with both monitors plugged into the same 1080 but now I'm getting this issue. It's not a serious issue or anything, I was just wondering if it was a common one with an easy fix.

Ideally, if there's a simple way to disable my second 1080 in macOS that would solve all of my current problems.

MSI GTX 1070 with Asus Z170m-plus/i7-6700K works. If you can pass Apple logo but got blank screen, please try agdpfix. It fixes my problem. Tips: if you need to disable SIP to install agdpfix, you can do it in clover.

Off-topic, but how did you get iMessages to work exactly? I've been trying for the past two days with the iDiot's Guide to the T and I've still gotten a generic "authentication error" every time. The only thing I know that can be wrong is my main connection being WiFi but en0 is mapped to Ethernet (Killer).

Otherwise, with my 1060 working as well as it does, my Hack setup is basically 95% complete.

I sincerely apologize for being off-topic I just need a better lead as to complete my setup.
I've been using this guide (had like zero problems with it). Fortunately for me, I use Ethernet and it was by default en0, so, not sure how much help I can be...sorry dude, hope this guide helps.

Anyone know why I might be getting these graphics glitches in safari? Seems to only happen in Safari.

View attachment 248421 View attachment 248419
Actually yeah, forgot about it but I've been getting this bug too (really only the noticeable one I have). For me, my system also hard crashes whenever I use Safari; like, after using Safari for about a minute, my system just shuts off completely, it's kinda nuts. Luckily I use Chrome and never have to use Safari, but it's nice to have as a backup...anyone have any ideas?

edit: Apparently there's already a solution...maybe it'll help you too? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sierra-safari-freezing-and-reboot.202377/page-2#post-1335971

editx2: So it looks like those fixes are only for onboard GPU...whoops...

Last edited:
Hi everybody, I just install my GTX 1070 who is well detected, are you able to launch Geekbench ?
I can launch it with the CPU, but not with the compute (open cl GTX 1070)

Thank you for your help !

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 225
  • Capture d’écran 2017-04-15 à 17.52.44.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-04-15 à 17.52.44.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 246
Hi everybody, I just install my GTX 1070 who is well detected, are you able to launch Geekbench ?
I can launch it with the CPU, but not with the compute (open cl GTX 1070)

Thank you for your help !

I have same problem with Geekbech version 4.1.0:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back