Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my 1080 working on the Web Driver but have a couple of questions (screenshots):

1. My 1080 is showing only 1 MB on the About this Mac and System Report. Did I do something wrong?
2. The Clover screen that allows me to choose the OS is black. Again, I must have missed something?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 5.07.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 5.07.05 PM.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 345
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 5.08.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 5.08.42 PM.png
    70 KB · Views: 351
So, my brain totally get so much pain, but I found solution.
Its.... Display port 1.2 mode in my pair of dell U2415 monitors.
I was reinstall OS, setup latest clover with EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts, setup WebDriver-378.05.05.05f01, set web driver flag in config, and nothing. For the last word i just open monitors settings, change dp1.2 to dp 1.1 and it is just start working. What a shame...

Hi guys, i have Laptop with GTX 1070 + Sierra 10.12.4 + installed nvidia web driver beta. It works, but how to make brightness control work? I don't see brightness slider on Display Preference, i think it because Nvidia Web Driver are for desktop not laptop. I already use ACPIBacklight.kext, IntelBacklight.kext and AppleBacklightInjector.kext. none of those work.

I just want to say after lurking and following this thread, I am happy with the results!

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 11.47.20 PM.png

Just to confirm, even with the Nvidia web drivers, un-flashed cards still run at PCIe 1.0 speeds in a Mac Pro, correct?
In OS X the WebDrivers will enable PCIE 2.0 in MacPro4,1 & 5,1. In Windows it'll be limited to PCIE 1.1 speed unless it's flashed.

This only applies to genuine Macs though, it has never been an issue with Hackintoshs.

amagad it works on a z170 omg omg

had to install agpdfix tho, otherwise black screen

0qWpHgU.png

rocket league still **** but that's the poor implementation

joevt, I fixed the audio problem with the vodoohda software. Install it, reboot, choose the third digital out (HDMI) option and you should be ready to go.
I think the option to choose will depend on the connector the display is connected. I would like to figure out how to get HDMI audio working correctly using an SSDT edit (using Toleda's audio guide or scripts), or possibly HDMIAudio.kext (which I think just does mostly what the SSDT edits do), or a modified version of the kext. That way, the name of the audio device will be the display, and only connected displays will appear in the list.

Do you have any problem with your mouse pointer changing between the left/right part of the screen? This is driving me crazy!
Yes, this is a common problem even with Apple MacBook Pros, and it occurs when using any display where the left and right side use a different DisplayPort stream (4K MST displays, and 5K dual cable displays). You can find a few examples of people having this problem in Apple's discussion forums.

It works
16x
What's the Link Speed under the PCI section, though? That's what determines whether it's running at PCIe 1 or 2 speeds.
The speed (either 2.5 GT/s or 5 GT/s or 8 GT/s) is listed in the PCI section, but only if your DSDT has the changes that indicate the PCIe slot devices. And anyway, the graphics card may idle at 2.5 GT/s and then speed up when doing rendering, so in that case you need to read the actual PCIe status register while doing rendering to get the speed. In mac OS, you would use lspci to dump the registers while the card is doing 3d work, find the register value, and interpret the bit fields using the PCI specification. In Windows, you would use GPU-Z, click the "?" icon to start a rendering test, which should cause the speed to inrease from the idle value to the full speed value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back