[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specs:
-Z170A MSI GAMING Pro CARBON
-CPU: Intel 7700K i7
-GPU: GTX 1080 Founder's Edition
-RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz

Subject: I can't even get to the installer menu for macOS Sierra. Here is what I've done so far:

I did everything I needed to do with UniBeast, then I moved the new WebDriver package to the to the USB drive, too. When tweaking some settings and then attempting to start the installer, I see the Apple Logo, then the hault symbol. I hit the spacebar for verbose, but nothing happens.

I changed all of my BIOS settings that was recommended from the Hackintosh Guide.

I boot from my USB stick and I changed my Fake CPUID to: 0x000506E3
  • Kernel Support CPU (unchecked)
  • Kernel Lapic Patch (unchecked)
  • Kernel Haswell-E Patch (unchecked)
  • Kernel PM Patch Patch (checked)
  • AppleIntel CPUPM Patch (checked)
  • AppleRTC Patch (checked)
  • Dell SMBIOS Patch (unchecked)
What, if any, options do I need to check for Graphic Injector? (Again, I just downloaded the latest Pascal beta drivers)

Could you tell us how you fixed it?
hey sorry for the late answer.
i open my clover config.plist and found graphics and NVidia was set to true.
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<true/>
</dict>
so change it to false and it fixed it for me

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
hope it helps

Can someone help me figure this out? I'm running running an iMac 17,1 smbios with my GTX 1080 and all I get is a black screen on boot. I know SIP is disabled via csrutil status, I know the graphicspolicy.kext config for the iMac 17,1 board ID is set to none via the many various methods of the AGDP fix, and I know I have my primary graphics output set to PCI-E in the UEFI bios. Yet it's still a black screen on boot.

i7-6700k
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard
64GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz
EVGA GTX 1080 Superclocked with ACX Cooling
Corsair AX860i PSU
Samsung 850 Pro SSD
6TB Western Digital Black 7200rpm HDD

Can someone help me figure this out? I'm running running an iMac 17,1 smbios with my GTX 1080 and all I get is a black screen on boot. I know SIP is disabled via csrutil status, I know the graphicspolicy.kext config for the iMac 17,1 board ID is set to none via the many various methods of the AGDP fix, and I know I have my primary graphics output set to PCI-E in the UEFI bios. Yet it's still a black screen on boot.

i7-6700k
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard
64GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz
EVGA GTX 1080 Superclocked with ACX Cooling
Corsair AX860i PSU
Samsung 850 Pro SSD
6TB Western Digital Black 7200rpm HDD

are you using HDMI then try DVI or Displayport

and check if your clover config.plist set NVidia to false under <key>Graphics</key>

Question for those of you that have done a successful transition from Intel Graphics to Pascal. I'm attempting to move from Intel HD620 to GTX 1080 XG already working on W10.

a- What do we have to delete or remove or initialize about our actual settings, before we attempt to install Pascal Web drivers and all that Jazz?
b- As I'm understanding, 10.12.4 must be installed before initiating anything else, correct?
c- New Clover is also as must, correct?
d- Any specific instructions if we're using z270 MOBOs / Kaby Lake i7?

For the record, I'm absolutely terrified even before attempting this, but momma didn't raise a quitter!

Cheers.

are you using HDMI then try DVI or Displayport

and check if your clover config.plist set NVidia to false under <key>Graphics</key>

I'm using DisplayPort to an Acer XB270HU. And yes, it is set to false. still not working.

I'm not sure you read my whole post.

I have a question, and I feel like the answer may be just waiting until the dust clears a bit with the buzz of the Beta Pascal Drivers.

So, I had my hackintosh up and running solidly back a while ago with my GTX 680 installed. Anyway, I set it up as a dual-boot machine and switched more heavily toward Windows use as my primary OS, which led me to selling my 680 last October and upgrading to a 1080 and despite knowing my hackintosh would cease working, I didn't look back. But I kept holding out hope for Nvidia to release those drivers. Fast forward to today and it seems that hope has been rewarded!! Pretty excited about these developments. So that leads me to my question:

How can I update the drivers without being able to boot into the current hackintosh installation? Is this possible?

My Build is as follows:
Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
i7 3930k (No onboard video unfortunately, so sadly that's not an option for booting into the hackintosh to update)
GTX 1080

Anyway, the Partitioned ssd with Sierra installed on it has been sitting untouched since the removal of the 680 and am hoping there would be a way to update the video drivers to Pascal without booting into it. I'd rather not have to go get a Maxwell card, install it, update the drivers and swap cards again to do this, if at all possible. Any ideas? I really appreciate any help; Thanks Guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back