Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Stack Overflow survey, approximately 50% of all programmers who filled out the survey use Windows and 26.6% use macOS.

Which means, macOS is punching above it's weight, by 2x with programmers then with regular users.

This is why that poll is interesting. macOS are over represented in regards to programmers by two times.

Well, I bet this is also because of web development. macOS is the perfect platform for web development. Even better than Linux. Of course with a prettier, more consistent and usable UI as an added bonus over Linux or Windows.

With macOS you can run basically the same software environment locally as the one you have on your webserver. And, if you are doing frontend development like me, and need graphics software in addition, well you have it (and in general much much more other software than you will ever find on Linux)

You also have a lot of good dev software that is "mac only" (like Paw, a very nice HTTP / curl client) or at least "mac first" (like Tower, a great git client). Also good capability to run basically every OS / test environment via Parallels or VMWare, and even emulator related stuff that runs on macOS only (like the iOS Simulator, and Android Emulators in addition)

No other OS (imho) does offer such a rich and usable environment especially for web development. Ah and I forgot that on macOS you can also do both development for Android and iOS (and again, the latter is macOS only)

So, I am not too surprised about this ;)

So what should I do?
I own a 4K monitor, , and for now I'm using the Onboard gpu, and not getting 4k via Hdmi, My 1070 is just plugged without any use :(

Do you think I need to wait for 1070 drivers?, Or just to replace the 1070 with other Gpu?

I don't know what to do :(

For you immediate needs you need to replace with a supported card. HDMI with 4K at 60Hz is a problem since you need new cards for that. I'm not sure about iGPU and HDMI to be honest. I know it works for display port, however.

So what should I do?
I own a 4K monitor, , and for now I'm using the Onboard gpu, and not getting 4k via Hdmi, My 1070 is just plugged without any use :(

Do you think I need to wait for 1070 drivers?, Or just to replace the 1070 with other Gpu?

So what should I do?

Does your motherboard support 4K out? If so, use iokit or coredisplay patcher.

As for what you should do.. I doubt we'll see drivers before the new iMac or Mac Pro are released, if at all, so if you need higher performance now, 980Ti is the way :)

So what should I do?

I have the exact same issue as yours, I gave up on macOS for now, I am hoping that the new Mac Pro comes with Pascal GPU, there is a big chance that it might come with Pascal IF AMD Vega didnt break them all in performance. Selling 1070 for an old grpahics card? Nah I would not do it. I'd rather build a new system just for hackintosh.

Does your motherboard support 4K out? If so, use iokit or coredisplay patcher.

As for what you should do.. I doubt we'll see drivers before the new iMac or Mac Pro are released, if at all, so if you need higher performance now, 980Ti is the way :)
Yes, it's supporting, by hdmi 1.4, yes it only 30hz I know, but for now it OK.
But anyway, on the mac I can only see 2048 X 1080 :(

I don't think macOS supports hdmi 1.4 but I'm not 100% sure.

Yes, it's supporting, by hdmi 1.4, yes it only 30hz I know, but for now it OK.
But anyway, on the mac I can only see 2048 X 1080 :(

On the 530, over HDMI, I believe higher than 1080p is available under two solutions, YMMV:
1. apply patches to properly configure the port type for your HDMI connector, that is, change the connector type for your HDMI port from the default of DP (0004 0000) to HDMI (0008 0000 I believe). There are posts in the forum about how to do that. It's a config.plist patch. You first boot up with just HDMI attached and determine which port is HDMI, then you apply the patch to that port. -- OR --
2. use the pixel clock patch: https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back