Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
That article is 100% speculation

Agreed and it makes a case (in my mind) more that there WON'T be a Mac Pro rather than they will be one. And the specs are pure fantasy at this point. I wish I didn't feel that way be I do. And no Nvidia good news for sure, just mentioning what we all know.

That article is 100% speculation

I know it's a long shot, but if the new Macbook Pros this year have Ryzen instead of Intel/ARM would that make it easier for Hackintosh support of Ryzen and the newest AMD graphics?

Anyone care to comment on my wild and unnecessary speculation? What's more likely: reliably booting AMD CPU and graphics (if supported in these 2017 MBP's) or getting Pascal drivers from Apple or Nvidia (ever)?

Feels just like the Mac Pro forums. Look at it this way we are a close community at least. Who knows, this might grow into a something after Apple gets their direction defined in some kind of way we all understand.

Some person on the Mac Pro MacRumours site has been hinting (as though he/she has knowledge) that Apple is going cloud computing and distributing wireless compute from iOS to macOS seamlessly. Feels very ChromeOS-like for what I want. But thinking about it the iOS replacing the PC attitude and lack of interest in strong GPUs maybe indicates that.

For a certain segment that might make sense, but I'll stick with PC model thank you. I don't want to rent iCloud compute along with storage and VMs.

Almost 200 pages of false hope. Yay!

Maybe equally likely and unlikely in my opinion. I just don't see Apple using AMD but rather more likely moving to their own CPUs for low-end models and dual for the rest. I'm still convinced they want to get rid of the Mac Pro and Mini. That would make hackintosh-ing somewhat tricky to not have a lot of reference hardware.

Anyone care to comment on my wild and unnecessary speculation? What's more likely: reliably booting AMD CPU and graphics (if supported in these 2017 MBP's) or getting Pascal drivers from Apple or Nvidia (ever)?

A genuine Mac with Ryzen CPU would obviously add everything to OS X we'd need to make hassle-free AMD hacks. IMO Ryzen is a very good product for a great range of computers, but that doesn't mean anything. We'll see what happens.

As for the AMD graphics, there's not much for Apple to do. The current drivers allow running almost any AMD GPU ever made, that's more than one would expect. The annoying "boot to black screen" bug is on our side, Apple might fix it "by accident" any time, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back