Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be really really disappointed if there will be no drivers. I bought Pascal hoping for support, if it will not come, I will probably sell the card and buy a RX 480 or an older 970/980ti

Frankly the way things are going, it's their whole Macintosh ecosystem that feels like it's being forced into obsolescence. The main reason I got into Hackintosh in the first place is that Apple is no longer producing systems that meet my needs or can be modified to fit my needs. This ought to be a big deal to them coming from a LONG time and loyal customer going all the way back to the Apple II days. I know I am not alone.

Another case in point, they haven't updated their Airport hardware in years. I swapped mine out for Eero Mesh Networking, and it is far superior. I love the software control over devices and the interface and setup was awesome. (Complete switchover from Apple took less than 30 minutes with 18 devices and has better coverage and speed). To give a guest access you send a text from the app...outstanding.

But thats off topic..sorry.

Well. Looks like we are soon to get a long awaited MAC drivers! Nvidia announced gaming plans to "supercharge" gaming on MAC and PC.
I hope with this the wait be over!

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-now

image.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 177
  • image.png
    image.png
    2 MB · Views: 175
Well. Looks like we are soon to get a long awaited MAC drivers! Nvidia announced gaming plans to "supercharge" gaming on MAC and PC.
I hope with this the wait be over!

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-now

View attachment 228896

Man you super hyped me. But you're out of your way. They are talking about a subscription that stream games to your pc or Mac. Even if you gave a shitty gpu or tiny iGPU.

So it's a step back for our drivers, not a step further.

Man you super hyped me. But you're out of your way. They are talking about a subscription that stream games to your pc or Mac. Even if you gave a shitty gpu or tiny iGPU.

So it's a step back for our drivers, not a step further.

Bloody *****! You are right....
I got e-mail on my phone, and got excited.
Just now I have read all the details... Things do indeed look bleak...

I have no problem with Titan X (Pascal) on my Windows rig, but since my main workflow involves GPU on MAC, I run 980ti on another rig. Meanwhile patiently smoking on the side with Pascal.

I will be really really disappointed if there will be no drivers. I bought Pascal hoping for support, if it will not come, I will probably sell the card and buy a RX 480 or an older 970/980ti

Dont get AMD's. This is my story. Got a GTX1060 and really enjoyed using it for gaming. However since I had no luck with hackintosh, I too decided to switch to RX480. While everything worked smoothly on that, there was one glaring problem. The RX480 needs a helper card to boot with acceleration. One has to set iGPU (or any other helper card) as primary boot-up card and that meant no POST and bootloader if your monitor is plugged in to the RX480. To change anything in BIOS or the bootloader, I had to first plug the monitor into the iGPU (or the helper card), make changes and then plug it back in to RX480 before booting up. I mean its fine for single boot systems, but not for dual or triple boot setups. Same problem with RX470's I heard. RX460 work fine I think since they are OOB, but then the performance is ... meh..!

I ended up getting up a GTX1070 instead for better gaming experience and for hackingtosh I simply plug my monitor to the Intel iGPU. Still waiting for Pascal support, but the iGPU works fine for now.

Frankly the way things are going, it's their whole Macintosh ecosystem that feels like it's being forced into obsolescence. The main reason I got into Hackintosh in the first place is that Apple is no longer producing systems that meet my needs or can be modified to fit my needs. This ought to be a big deal to them coming from a LONG time and loyal customer going all the way back to the Apple II days. I know I am not alone.
I think you are right sadly, they seem to be placing the MacOs range firmly in the lifestyle make it look slick market and abandoning their power user market. The Mac Pro has not been properly updated for 4 years? and the current one is very much form over function with little way to tailor it to your uses. The iMac has gone down the line of how thin and pretty can we make it that people have reported issues with thermal throttling, not that I am keen on it from a being wasteful of a good screen when it dies point of view, again its a good while since it was upgraded. The mini is too constrained with non changeable ram and using laptop cpu's. I cam understand them putting most effort into laptops as that is where the money is, though the new "pro" is to my mind anything but. I wonder how many people it would take them to keep the desktop lines fairly up to date, Im sure a good while ago they were one of the first to announce machines with new Intel chips. Would it just be a case of having someone keep up with cpu changes so they can just swap them over when they get updated with the exception of times when the socket changes? I was going to but a MacPro until I saw the new one, I wanted to have the ability to put a couple of large capacity hard drives in their and run backups to NAS boxes, not have a load more wires hanging out of it like the last iMac I had (that died wasting a very nice screen). I am beginning to feel tempted by a windows machine, less worry about upgrading the box use any GPU I want and so on. But I work well with Mac Os, I have used it since Photoshop 2 and it is instinctive, I don't need to think where is x on it which I do when using Windows, not that there has been anything wrong with it since Win 7. It feels to me that people like myself and other artists/creatives are being totally ignored by Ive and crew, but it is the same group of us that gave Mac its cool factor and if they still made a machine properly for us would be still there when all the iPhone fans have gone. Dell have announced a 27" graphics tablet that is very similar to being a PC less Surface pro, the Win manufacturers it seems are courting the visual artist. If they can not be bothered making good hardware that they damn well can do as they did it in the past, maybe they should hive off that section to be a separate organisation or release the OS as a stand alone with a list of approved hardware and let others build them. They could have strict agreements on things not looking like a dogs dinner, minimum build standards etc but the Os is too good a thing to lose if their priorities are elsewhere.

No1
Other |  i5 4460 |  HD 4600
We get near the 200 pages of speculation of Mac OSX pascal drivers..

I'am glad i have bought first the Evga GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB on the release of the 1000 series
I doubt about to search and find a extra version of this GPU for a SLI setup ( no stock @ shop's here in The Netherlands )

I have also a change to buy a Nvidia Titan X 12GB ( 900 Titan X version )
So i'm curious maybe there are here some video-editors who have experience, and can tell me what's the best option?

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB SLI / EVGA GTX TITAN X SC 12GB

Still mean hoping Apple+ Nvidia will release at some day drivers for the pascal GPU's :shh::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back