Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hints to new iMacs and Mac Pros have been found in 10.12.2 code. Let's hope that at least the Mac Pro uses a Pascal GPU, and we'll finally get web drivers too
3 new AMD GPUs found in kexts of 10.12.2 beta 5:
"Polaris 12", "Polaris 10XT2", and "Vega 10"

From what I've gathered, Vega 10 is a Mac Pro candidate, the other two for iMac.

From my understanding, the hint to a new Mac Pro was found in the El Capitan code over a year ago, where a product identifier was listed as AAPLJ95,1 which is very close to the previous Mac Pro identifier of AAPLJ90,1. The AAPLJ95,1 was listed as having 10 USB 3.0 ports, different from the 4 USB + 6 TB on the current Mac Pro.

Check this out. Polaris 12, Polaris 10XT2 (Crossfire card?) and Vega 10 of course. 9500Controller kext just got a whole lot bigger. There is a new 0x687F.C. card that benchmarked just under a 1080 rumored to be Vega 10 or RX 490 on the intraweb.
View attachment 223887 Polaris 10 XT2 sounds like a R9 295X card minus 300 watts?

Update: WCCFwitech just used this graphic in a new article posted 12/7/16 about Vega 10, Polaris 10XT2, and P12. It"s credited as a leak, lol!

More recently I found this. But I don't think this necessarily means the Mac Pro will be equipped with AMD.

3 new AMD GPUs found in kexts of 10.12.2 beta 5:
"Polaris 12", "Polaris 10XT2", and "Vega 10"

From what I've gathered, Vega 10 is a Mac Pro candidate, the other two for iMac.

Don't want to spoil the fun, and I know for some people AMD is "just not on" but reading up on Vega 10, and the fact that drivers are expected makes me feel more at ease that the Hackintosh will survive at least few more generations of hardware. This is great news. And for my purposes, I might actually go the AMD way and not even get the 1080(ti?) that I was planning to get.

Why would it be equipped with anything other than AMD now that they finally have some competitive cards?

Don't want to spoil the fun, and I know for some people AMD is "just not on" but reading up on Vega 10, and the fact that drivers are expected makes me feel more at ease that the Hackintosh will survive at least few more generations of hardware. This is great news. And for my purposes, I might actually go the AMD way and not even get the 1080(ti?) that I was planning to get.
I don't care whether it's AMD or Nvidia or any other company, give me a GPU that's comparable to a 1070 + compatible with hackintosh and I'm the first buyer.

And we also should be aware that competition is always a good thing.

I don't care whether it's AMD or Nvidia or any other company, give me a GPU that's comparable to a 1070 + compatible with hackintosh and I'm the first buyer.

And we also should be aware that competition is always a good thing.

^^^^ What you said.

Well you have to compromise somewhere. But not getting it cause it consumes slightly more energy is silly. You're not putting this in a laptop.

Same with it being weaker - it's not. 980Ti is actually slightly faster. It's also whisper quiet, you can't hear it. Obviously with the aftermarket cooler version and not Nvidia reference.

I gave up my hopes on 1080 approximately on page #105 of this thread lol and I purchased a 980ti. Best decision ever! This card was the only thing that didn't give me a single problem with my hack build. I play games on it and edit and not a single bump yet!

Did the same. Just purchased Asus GTX 980Ti Matrix Platinum. It's a beast of a card, factory overclocked and superbly built. It's a bit faster then stock GTX 1070.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back