Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if i have a 760 and a 1070 i can have them standby in one os and same for the other?
If so explain pls.

I'm not an authority on the subject as I'm pretty noob at Hackintosh, however I can say that I got mine working by:

1. Setting default GPU in bios to iGPU

2. Booting with nv_disable=1

3. Installing Web Drivers

+++
(At this point I had black screen on boot issues [iMac 17,1] which I resolved by booting with nv_disable=1 and installing Pikeralpha's AGDPfix. Don't forget to disable SIP using Clover Configurator before installing AGDPfix and note that this process is different from the "recovery boot" option available to factory macs)
+++

4, 5, 6. Setting default GPU to "Auto", enabling injection of Nvidia and enabling Web Drivers (obviously no nv_disable=1 at this point)

And Robert's your father's brother (voila)

I have an HDMI switch but if you're manually plugging, just make sure the only active HDMI cable (or whatever you're using) is the one plugged into the GPU you want to use when you boot. If I'm still on the wrong GPU by the time my computer POSTS (BIOS screen) I have to restart. I also have to boot with nv_disable=1 and then disable SIP again after certain macOS updates (this relates to the black screen on boot issue.)

Note that this does not disable the respective extra card, my 1080 isn't recognised by macOS but my 710 shows up in Windows. I tried disabling the 710 in Windows Hardware Manager but that also disabled my 1080. Not ideal but what can you do.

If anyone sees an error in my method please say so. I only bumbled my way into this solution after more headscratching than I'd care to admit. I'm also interested in disabling the unused cards in Windows/macOS.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
I have my new 1080 FTW Hybrid installed and I can boot into OSX just fine, no tweaking at all from my GTX 770. The system says that it is a "projector" and only shows up as 1080p resolution on my 1440 (ACD 30"). I am going to be running windows for the foreseeable future until (if ever) the web drivers are updated but so far very happy with the card. I just did a review of the card on LTT if anyone is interested in.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/701875-member-review-evga-1080-ftw-hybrid/

I have my new 1080 FTW Hybrid installed and I can boot into OSX just fine, no tweaking at all from my GTX 770. The system says that it is a "projector" and only shows up as 1080p resolution on my 1440 (ACD 30"). I am going to be running windows for the foreseeable future until (if ever) the web drivers are updated but so far very happy with the card. I just did a review of the card on LTT if anyone is interested in.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/701875-member-review-evga-1080-ftw-hybrid/

That's lucky, but the lower resolution is a bit of a bummer. Which SMBios are you using? Do you have hardware acceleration under the 1080?

Is it Possible to enable Gigabyte 1060 Gtx on Mac Os x Sierra ?? Please He.....lp :(

That's lucky, but the lower resolution is a bit of a bummer. Which SMBios are you using? Do you have hardware acceleration under the 1080?

I have my SMBIOS as 15,1 and no not at the moment since the web drivers font work.

Is it Possible to enable Gigabyte 1060 Gtx on Mac Os x Sierra ?? Please He.....lp :(

Not at the moment. We are still waiting on web drivers from NVIDIA. They may release them they may not. No one knows at this time. We can only hope, but hope is all we can do.

I have my SMBIOS as 15,1 and no not at the moment since the web drivers font work.

The web drivers don't work for your 770? I also didn't need to tweak anything to get macOS to boot without hardware acceleration but I wouldn't say that means it's booting "just fine." It works great until you need to do something complex like scrolling down on a webpage o_O

he web drivers don't work for your 770? I also didn't need to tweak anything to get macOS to boot without hardware acceleration but I wouldn't say that means it's booting "just fine." It works great until you need to do something complex like scrolling down on a webpage o_O

Oh no my 770 worked fine, just not the 1080

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/nvidia-gtx-1080.1971528/page-16#post-24011049

So the CEO of Nvidia implies that without support from Apple no support for GTX 1xxx series on MacOS.
Looking at Apple's current strategy we really might be screwed. Only hope is now that Apple remembers again in 2017 that they have Mac Pros and maybe (maybe) a refreshed iMac with Nvidia GPU... I seriously doubt it though.

Guys, just forget about Pascal driveros on MAC_OS
And close this topic

Bad, it's a higher chance, that new MacPro will be with AMD as last one(

However.... Nvidia has great GTX1060 GPU, this one can fit small MacPro case, performance is almost the same with Radeon 480, but much lower TDP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back