Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hackintosh graphics run butter smooth no difference to my Gtx 750 ti from before and on windows I finally can enjoy 1070's glory.

No WinDoze here so I'll just be patient...

The solution I found now is easy to do. I also was waiting for the 10xx drivers since the series was announced, by I don't want to wait another 6 month or god knows how long. I had the luck of having a Intel 4600 Onboard, and the only thing I needed to change in my hackintosh was "Inject Intel" in Clover and thats it. Now to go to Windows I just need to switch hdmi cables and Primary output source in my bios. Hackintosh graphics run butter smooth no difference to my Gtx 750 ti from before and on windows I finally can enjoy 1070's glory.

Can you explain your set up here? I have the Intel 4600 onboard too (GA-Z97X-Gaming 5), except when I connect my screen via HDMI i get horrible colors in OSX and weird resolutions. Its un-usable for me (I use OSX to edit photos)

Are you using HDMI? Did you have to tweak anything? is that all you did just "Inject Intel?" because i've done that but I cant get the colors or the resolution right. I had given up.

Perfectly? Does that mean no artifacts or flicker at the top left corner? Because that's the only issue I've had under Sierra (the first version of macOS I installed on this system).
Yeah, it works perfectly fine here, then again I'm on El Capitan 10.11.6, I hear Sierra has problems, I haven't tried Sierra yet (except on my retina MacBook Pro). I've put the system through it's paces and it's been fine. I use mainly Adobe apps with all GPU accelerations enabled.

No glitches here after turning the iGPU ram up to 64MB in BIOS.

Only downside is no system sleep, but I enabled a hot corner for "Monitor sleep" and I just drag my mouse pointer to the lower left side and the monitor sleeps fine (27" Apple display)

Can you explain your set up here? I have the Intel 4600 onboard too (GA-Z97X-Gaming 5), except when I connect my screen via HDMI i get horrible colors in OSX and weird resolutions. Its un-usable for me (I use OSX to edit photos)

Are you using HDMI? Did you have to tweak anything? is that all you did just "Inject Intel?" because i've done that but I cant get the colors or the resolution right. I had given up.

Ok that is indeed strange. I have Asus H97-PLUS and Intel Core i5 4570 4x 3.20GHz So.1150 BOX. Maybe you can try to connect your onboard graphics via DVI or VGA?

Just built my first Hackintosh this weekend. I decided to take a risk and go for the GTX 1080 for Windows gaming and the Intel HD 530 (i7 6700k) for work stuff on macOS.

So far it seems to be working. Setup was tricky since the HDMI port on my mobo doesn't support 3440x1440, so I had to change the port to `01` in Clover for DisplayPort. I also have Inject Intel enabled.

Only issues I'm having now are the widely reported top left screen flickering. Annoying, but if you set your menu and dock to dark theme it's much less noticeable.

Sound and iMessage are also not working, though I haven't put much effort into that yet.

1 - I have an old Geforce 6200LE 256MB. it will run macos sierra?
2 - Can I expect conflicts running it on Windows beside my GTX 1070?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back