Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagerly awaiting the 1080 release as well. Currently having a GA-Z170-UD5 TH/6700k/MSI GTX 1080 GAMING Z 8G rig built along with a Predator X34 monitor. Hoping the Iris 530 graphics will run the 3440x1440 on the macOS side until the webdriver's arrive.

For developers on Mac systems, click here to read a known limitation.
Xcode 8 is not currently supported with the CUDA Toolkit 8 compiler for Mac. We are working on providing an update shortly. Until then, the developers should use Xcode 7.x with the CUDA Toolkit 8 for compiling their code on Mac macOS 10.12. Alternatively, they can run applications compiled with older versions of CUDA Toolkit and Mac/Xcode on Mac macOS 10.12.

Very nice with the CUDA toolkit w/ Pascal support.

I can smell the Pascal webdrivers already :)
Maybe they'll wait till 10.12.1, which seems will be released soon because of added support for yet-to-be-announced new Macs coming this fall.

I already have a fully supported GTX 680 in my hackintosh.
If I add an unsupported GTX 1X00, will its fans spin at max speed all the time ?
If I remove the GTX 680 and just use the IGPU and a GTX 1X00, will its fans spin at max speed all the time ?
Thanks.

Last edited:
But what is the difference between cuda and driver? If they are same, I am going to install macos right now. ^_^

They are NOT the same thing. CUDA is completely optional and only "necessary" if you plan to use software that leverages it, like Adobe Premiere or After Effects. CUDA alone will not provide support for Pascal cards.

I already have a fully supported GTX 680 in my hackintosh.
If I add an unsupported GTX 1X00, will its fans spin at max speed all the time ?
If I remove the GTX 680 and just use the IGPU and a GTX 1X00, will its fans spin at max speed all the time ?
Thanks.

I run iGPU (HD530) and GTX1080, and when in iGPU (mac side) the 1080 fans don't spin at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back