Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
It woould be totally sweet if nVidia releases 1080ti along with Apple's Pascal driver support. At least that's what I'm rooting for right now.

Back in the day I used to hate Ti's now I live for them.

Apple's Pascal driver support.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. Apple is definitely on the AMD bandwagon (probably due to a deal they made to get components en masse and for a low price).

Any nVidia driver for OS X is going to come directly from nVidia, and it will be deemed "unsupported". We're pretty much swimming in unchartered territory and they can take that support away any time they wanted.

Sierra Golden Master has been released

I'm totally noob on HackOS but I do want to build a Hackintosh with GTX 1070 (already bought).
What is this thing with Sierra? What is this?

I'm totally noob on HackOS but I do want to build a Hackintosh with GTX 1070 (already bought).
What is this thing with Sierra? What is this?
The Nvidia web drivers for the GTX 1000 series cards will not be available until the release of Sierra 10.12.0 announced by Apple to be on September 20.

I don't think the release of Pascal drivers is necessarily linked to Apples release dates. The original Maxwell drivers (GM1xx) were introduced during early Yosemite Beta releases and updated to include GM2xx cards in late beta stage. It's done when it's done, I guess.

Only thing I'm pretty sure about: El Capitan and Yosemite will never see Pascal support.

I don't think the release of Pascal drivers is necessarily linked to Apples release dates. The original Maxwell drivers (GM1xx) were introduced during early Yosemite Beta releases and updated to include GM2xx cards in late beta stage. It's done when it's done, I guess.

Only thing I'm pretty sure about: El Capitan and Yosemite will never see Pascal support.

I (assume) it would be possible to edit the .plist to support latest El Capitan during setup.

*crosses fingers*

Don't plan to go to Sierra until .2

I (assume) it would be possible to edit the .plist to support latest El Capitan during setup.

*crosses fingers*

Hasn't been possible in the past with major point upgrades like this

You're going to have to upgrade.

While it's true that the first releases of OS X versions from recent years have been buggy and beta-like, this time I think there might be a reason for updating to Sierra soon: Skylake support has been quite preliminary in El Capitan. I believe Sierra might be more stable with Skylake (I mean regarding sleep, and HD530 support, although I didn't try Sierra betas, I speak from my feeling).

If NVIDIA releases Pascal drivers for Sierra, I think I'll update on release day. If not, Linux might become my everyday OS (as I built a triple-boot box).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back