Status
Not open for further replies.
I had similar issues and I solved doing this:

Check that you in drivers64UEFI have just this files:

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi

You should only have EmuVariableUefi-64 if your board does not natively support NVRAM.

You should only have EmuVariableUefi-64 if your board does not natively support NVRAM.

Thank you for the reply. And what is with these files?

HFSPlus.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi

Could you then, please, check my config.plist? (I use DSDT and SSDT)

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 225
Guys, talked to nVidia and they (obviously) have no ETA on the drivers.

But they did tell me that a lot of people are asking for it. So that means they know people are buying their cards and either using in Classic Mac Pros or Hackintoshes. So I assume they still care about OS X.

Guys, talked to nVidia and they (obviously) have no ETA on the drivers.

But they did tell me that a lot of people are asking for it. So that means they know people are buying their cards and either using in Classic Mac Pros or Hackintoshes. So I assume they still care about OS X.
I really hope they add Pascal support. NVIDIA announced the Titan X today, and I already preordered it at my local store, because I really need (for a project this autumn) the biggest GPGPU monster available below Tesla prices. If Pascal support isn't added to the drivers, I'll need to use Linux, but I want OS X :(

I really hope they add Pascal support. NVIDIA announced the Titan X today, and I already preordered it at my local store, because I really need (for a project this autumn) the biggest GPGPU monster available below Tesla prices. If Pascal support isn't added to the drivers, I'll need to use Linux, but I want OS X :(

I highly suggest everyone here in mass numbers chats with them here:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

And then ask to submit a ticket for OS X (El Capitan and Sierra) support for Pascal, so this way they can expedite it on their end. They really need to know that this is a serious area where people are purchasing their cards and investing in nVidia. Also would suggest people mention that they're using these cards in Mac Pro's, such as 4,1 and 5,1, not sure if they really support Hackintoshes.

I highly suggest everyone here in mass numbers chats with them here:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

And then ask to submit a ticket for OS X (El Capitan and Sierra) support for Pascal, so this way they can expedite it on their end. They really need to know that this is a serious area where people are purchasing their cards and investing in nVidia. Also would suggest people mention that they're using these cards in Mac Pro's, such as 4,1 and 5,1, not sure if they really support Hackintoshes.

Done.

Edit:

I talked to them a little bit and the person I was talking to told me "support for Mac will be added only if Apple wants this card to be used on their OS" and then he told me "As of now, we have no information of support being added to Mac OS."

Done.

Edit:

I talked to them a little bit and the person I was talking to told me "support for Mac will be added only if Apple wants this card to be used on their OS" and then he told me "As of now, we have no information of support being added to Mac OS."

Eh that's BS, rep doesn't really know much.

They just released a CUDA (v8) for OS X so there's still development for it. Oh and also a new update for 10.11.6.

I was able to run GTX 1070 in IGFX mode, on OS X with Clover and Intel injection but only when GTX 1070 is secondary in BIOS.

But I have dual boot with Windows 10 and Windows only uses GTX 1070 when it's primary :banghead: That's quite a hassle to switch it all the time in BIOS.

Do you guys know any way to overcome this? Is there a way to run OS X with GTX 1070 being a primary video card, but for OS X to use Intel? (Or vise versa, is there a way to run Windows having GTX 1070 as secondary video card?). Thanks!

I was able to run GTX 1070 in IGFX mode, on OS X with Clover and Intel injection but only when GTX 1070 is secondary in BIOS.

But I have dual boot with Windows 10 and Windows only uses GTX 1070 when it's primary :banghead: That's quite a hassle to switch it all the time in BIOS.

Do you guys know any way to overcome this? Is there a way to run OS X with GTX 1070 being a primary video card, but for OS X to use Intel? (Or vise versa, is there a way to run Windows having GTX 1070 as secondary video card?). Thanks!

You could also do what I do.

Set iGPU as primary.

Leave DisplayPort in the iGPU port. Boot into OS X and use normally

If you want to boot into windows, leave the display cable into DPort (iGPU) and boot into Windows. When you see the desktop you're good. When Windows is fully loaded, just unplug the DP from iGPU, then plug into 1070 DPort. Use Windows normally.

If you want to boot back into OS X, just shut down from Windows. With comp off, unplug DPort from 1070, and plug into iGPU and turn on computer. Rinse and repeat.

Works for me.

If you want to spend a little money and not unplug ports, get a Display Port switch (the KVM ones are pricey, but there are other ones without KVM)...so it's about $60-80 for the switch. You will need additional DisplayPort cables, fyi. I was thinking of getting a switch, but I will hold off until august for WebDrivers, if they don't come out, I'll get the switch.

I chatted with NVIDIA:

Hi. I have a gtx 980 in my apple computer now. it runs great. I am anxiously waiting for pascal support for OSX so I can buy the gtx 1080
can you give me some info?
chatAgent.png
Sonal: Unfortunately we do not have any information on future driver releases, hence we cannot comment on it as of now.
chatEndUserMessage.png
SH: ok. Then please let someone know that there is demand for these drivers. Thanks!
chatAgent.png
Sonal: No problem, sorry for the inconvenience thus caused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back