Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a EVGA Geforce 1070 FTW, saw it for a decent price so couldn't wait. (arriving tomorrow)

My mobo is GA-Z77X-UD5H and current GPU is 670.......... its possible to use my current gpu for mac and the 1070 for windows by enabling and disabling in the bios correct?

Just confirming that it's done with the Primary PEG? Right now its set to AUTO with 3 other options PEG11, PEG12, PEG60..... how do I know which to choose or is it just trial and error?

I just bought a EVGA Geforce 1070 FTW, saw it for a decent price so couldn't wait. (arriving tomorrow)

My mobo is GA-Z77X-UD5H and current GPU is 670.......... its possible to use my current gpu for mac and the 1070 for windows by enabling and disabling in the bios correct?

Just confirming that it's done with the Primary PEG? Right now its set to AUTO with 3 other options PEG11, PEG12, PEG60..... how do I know which to choose or is it just trial and error?

Im running an ATI and Nvidia card, I just disable the other in Windows

i just bought a cheap ATI card I know would work out of the box (7850) and run that alongside my Nvidia card until the drivers come out.

Cheers for the reply, really appreciate it. Bizarrely I actually also have a 7850 but the performance in my machine was useless. I had both cards installed but the newer versions of Adobe force you to use your display card as the GPU. Therefore I wasnt able to run the display of the 7850 and use the 4000 for its CUDA so I ended up just taking the 7850 out. Also highly likely I ballsed it up somehow. Might have a look into that 980TI izo suggested for now

I'm running a GTX 1060 and don't have to disable the cards in BIOS, just deactivate the Intel HD530 in Windows device manager, and it works just fine. OS X Intel - Windows GTX

I'm running a GTX 1060 and don't have to disable the cards in BIOS, just deactivate the Intel HD530 in Windows device manager, and it works just fine. OS X Intel - Windows GTX

Where in the device manager and how did you do it? Im not sure it will make a difference for me as Im pretty sure my rig does not use the integrated card anyway. When I boot up, I just see 8mb graphics. Once the drivers come out is everyone just waiting for Sierra support or are these drivers the only way to get nvidia 10 series cards functioning on any mac os?

I'm tryng to do the iGPU in OSX and GTX 1080 in Windows trick. It sort of works, except the colors and contrast from the iGPU in OSX are all wrong, it looks terrible. I mainly use my OSX partition for photo editing and its completely useless for that now, everything looks over saturated and too much contrast.

I have followed all the EDID override guides online, ran that Ruby script that everyone is using and it fixes the color issue, but forces me to have a max resolution of 1024x768 , so I have to revert. Im completely stuck, does anyone know how to fix that?

I'm tryng to do the iGPU in OSX and GTX 1080 in Windows trick. It sort of works, except the colors and contrast from the iGPU in OSX are all wrong, it looks terrible. I mainly use my OSX partition for photo editing and its completely useless for that now, everything looks over saturated and too much contrast.

I have followed all the EDID override guides online, ran that Ruby script that everyone is using and it fixes the color issue, but forces me to have a max resolution of 1024x768 , so I have to revert. Im completely stuck, does anyone know how to fix that?

I don't know what color has to do with GPU's since you're always connected digitally...

So - today is the day... Anyone hearing/seeing anything in Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back