Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
There you go. Maybe it's places I frequent as well but I see Macs in development all the time. In fact more often than anything else for just about any kind of app development. Linux is also super common. Just becouse Apple doesn't see these use cases as "Pro" doesn't mean they aren't.

Future, who knows, but as I said before MacOS is the best Unix environment for development of software on the back-end and front-end side. Only recently I've felt it's lacking heavily while getting more into machine learning, GPU-compute development.

My main system was my Mac Pro 5,1 Westmere (12 core 3.46GHz.) Now it's a combo of that plus my Hack/Linux machine.

It's simply shameful that whether Nvidia or Apple haven't pronounced yet about this matter. What a disrespect to all the users who buy their products.

It's simply shameful that whether Nvidia or Apple haven't pronounced yet about this matter. What a disrespect to all the users who buy their products.

But is it, really shameful as neither Apple buy product from Apple nor do Nvidia officially support the older Mac Pro cheese grater models which even the youngest versions are now a good four years old so you would have trouble getting these units serviced from official Apple service - third party companies would look at these if they had access to spares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back