Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly what I did, replacing my old GTX 750 with a GTX 970 and sold my 1060. The 970 benches almost the same with the 1060. I could not be happier.

Currently running a Gigabyte GTX 760 on my setup. I have just one 1080p @60hz monitor but looking to upgrade to a dual monitor 1080p @144hz and a 4k @ 60hz setup within the next few months. Would snagging a used 970 make sense while waiting on Pascal support to come? (if it ever does)

Currently running a Gigabyte GTX 760 on my setup. I have just one 1080p @60hz monitor but looking to upgrade to a dual monitor 1080p @144hz and a 4k @ 60hz setup within the next few months. Would snagging a used 970 make sense while waiting on Pascal support to come? (if it ever does)
I originally managed to get a 780 from a friend and soon realized it only has one DisplayPort. I have two 4K monitors, so one of them was running at 30hz over the hdmi 1.2 port on the 780. I managed to trade it for a 960 with another friend. If you want to have two monitors, one with 1080p at 144hz, and another one at 4K/60hz, you'll want two displayports. TL;DR, I'd recommend it.

I can't trust there is no way someone develop a driver for these GPU.

I can't trust there is no way someone develop a driver for these GPU.
Sure there is a way, but who will pay for such herculeous task, right?
I'm a game/app developer, and I can tell you: is not simple to make a such complex driver from zero in less than years using your free time, even if you already know the architecture/tecnology envolved.

Sure there is a way, but who will pay for such herculeous task, right?
I'm a game/app developer, and I can tell you: is not simple to make a such complex driver from zero in less than years using your free time, even if you already know the architecture/tecnology envolved.
Yep but nVidia engineers are payed to do so lol

By the time we get that Apple will move to ARM and won't sell a single desktop any more. Just little pieces of aluminum with screens.

Let's pay one of them to build a driver in secret for us! kkkkkkkkkk

I'm considering to buy a 1060 anyway, since my Hackintosh is dual boot Windows and macOS, I can at least use the 1060 in Windows and use HD530 for macOS.
I can hook up my monitor using HDMI on the HD530 and using DP on the 1060. Any guides on how to set this up flawlessly (making sure windows doesn't use HD530 as well)?

I'm considering to buy a 1060 anyway, since my Hackintosh is dual boot Windows and macOS, I can at least use the 1060 in Windows and use HD530 for macOS.
I can hook up my monitor using HDMI on the HD530 and using DP on the 1060. Any guides on how to set this up flawlessly (making sure windows doesn't use HD530 as well)?
im using exactly this setup it works ok. i didnt do anything special. you just need to set your igfx as your primary in bios. what happens next is when you boot, your hd530 shows the clover bootloader. if you carry on with osx you continue as normal from hd530 input. if you choose windows you have to switch to your gtx 1060 input and you will carry on from there its simple as that.
But to be honest i regret buying gtx 1060. everything works perfectly on OSX side, i have a decent graphics card in my system and its not usable this is so frustrating. im strongly considering buying a gtx 980/ti or amd rx 480. if i were in your shoes i would have bought something compatible.

im strongly considering buying a gtx 980/ti or amd rx 480. if i were in your shoes i would have bought something compatible.

This is off topic on this thread but it is important that you are aware that there are plenty of problems booting with AMD cards in Sierra. You need to boot with integrated graphics which reduces performance in macOS, there is no HDMI audio solution with graphics acceleration, sleep is broken and you boot with a blank screen. I agree that either a GTX 980 or 980Ti is at present the best way forward though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back