Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am getting THIS right, then GeForceNow is absolutely nothing different than Origin (or whatever that platform was) - you rent a virtual PC that runs the game and streams the output to you, whereas you stream your input to it.

That basically means two things:
1. It's practically not only unusable, but frustrating as hell if you have even the slightest latency (anything above 10ms). Absolutely unusable for shooters for that matter.

2. Pascal drivers are not coming to OSX. Not EVER.

Back when NVidia announced the job spots for "revolutionizing the MacOS bla bla bla" - that's what they meant - work on a stream platform, rather than on webdrivers. It's as clear as day now with this announcement.

Apple will keep manufacturing the sleekest looking toys for rich people and the Pro segment of people will move to Windows.
Here's a hint if you hate Windows: Don't! You will only end up hating yourselves :D

My best guess is we're more likely to see reverse "Parallels" one of these days so people can run Final Cut on Windows and that'll be it.

Hi guys !

I've got my hands on a 1080 for my hackintosh. Has it seems nvidia pascal web drivers may not released soon (or one day), I was wondering about workarounds to be able to use my hackintosh :

-Would it be possible to use the integrated intel GPU for mac os ? I'm a bit lost with boot options/flags with clover to enable this feature. I would keep my 1080 plugged, feeding my monitor thru displayport, and the integrated gpu feeding the same monitor thru its HDMI. Does that seems ok ?

-If iGpu was not useable as a primary output for mac os, what about adding another older/cheaper nvidia gpu, lets say geforce 5XX, with already released web drivers. Could I force mac os to use a pcie gpu rather than another one (it seems so in my memories) ?

Thanks for your support guys ! :)

BTW, nVidia has released Linux and FreeBSD drivers for 1050Ti graphics cards . Anybody tried to adapt this drivers for MacOS? Anybody tried to load 1050Ti graphics card using Load VBios option in Clover ?

BTW, nVidia has released Linux and FreeBSD drivers for 1050Ti graphics cards . Anybody tried to adapt this drivers for MacOS? Anybody tried to load 1050Ti graphics card using Load VBios option in Clover ?
This has been talk about before either in this thread or other threads in the Graphics forum. In summary, no because of no access to the source code and knowledge of how to do it.

Guys, I just recommend you to sell these Geforce Pascal graphic cards :crazy:. I now offer my GTX 1080 on Ebay and I bought a GTX 980 Ti for 398 Euros :thumbup:. Runs like hell on MacOS and no noticeable difference with respect to the GTX 1080 under Windows when gaming :clap:. I finally got rid of this driver nightmare and I feel lighter and free! :headbang: :wave:!Pascal on Hackintosh is DEAD! :wave:

Guys, I just recommend you to sell these Geforce Pascal graphic cards :crazy:. I now offer my GTX 1080 on Ebay and I bought a GTX 980 Ti for 398 Euros :thumbup:. Runs like hell on MacOS and no noticeable difference with respect to the GTX 1080 under Windows when gaming :clap:. I finally got rid of this driver nightmare and I feel lighter and free! :headbang: :wave:!Pascal on Hackintosh is DEAD! :wave:

Hilarious post but unfortunately for the time being you're correct. I skipped Pascal and bought a GTX 970 off eBay because no Pascal support :(

Hilarious post but unfortunately for the time being you're correct. I skipped Pascal and bought a GTX 970 off eBay because no Pascal support :(

After much thought, I didn't see much use for Pascal on OS X as I do all my gaming on Windows anyway. I'm actually wondering if I still have any reason to continue with OS X at all.... so instead of my usual dual boot windows/hackintosh, I ended up moving the GTX 1070 to a new Windows 10 box with a new i5-6500 for Oculus Rift and Steam games and put the old 650ti's SLI rig back in the hackintosh. It runs great. The new box is all built from tonymacx86 buyer's guide links so it will be compatible if I ever put OS X on it in the future.

But we'll see if I ever fire that sucker up again other than for passwords out of keychain...

maybe this was for the better after all, less complication in the long run... ;)

Perhaps this is Apple's way of moving hackintosh to forced obsolescence.

Perhaps this is Apple's way of moving hackintosh to forced obsolescence.

Frankly the way things are going, it's their whole Macintosh ecosystem that feels like it's being forced into obsolescence. The main reason I got into Hackintosh in the first place is that Apple is no longer producing systems that meet my needs or can be modified to fit my needs. This ought to be a big deal to them coming from a LONG time and loyal customer going all the way back to the Apple II days. I know I am not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back