Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys!

there are a lot of comment to find a solution, is difficult.. :(

We need the "core" info in the first post or something

1060 works with hackintosh? I have Mac Os 10.11.6, can I mount 1060 in my computer? (now I have 960)

hi guys!

there are a lot of comment to find a solution, is difficult.. :(

We need the "core" info in the first post or something

1060 works with hackintosh? I have Mac Os 10.11.6, can I mount 1060 in my computer? (now I have 960)

You can mount it but it wont work under OS X.

I thought it was pretty much settled that NVIDIA is not even planning on a driver, let alone working on one. Did I misread or misunderstand? I thought NVIDIA people had already said that they couldnt make a driver without Apples help (for some reason).

I have no idea- I did read some posts that allegedly inferred that NVIDIA put the idea down. I have considered that. I have read every post in this thread and my feeling is that the more noise we make the better chance there is that NVIDIA might pay attention. Let's just keep posting til we get a definitive answer.

I still have not received a dignified answer to my dignified email to them. It's ok, I realize they shouldn't officially identify me or validate my person but let's just have the facts.

:D

I thought it was pretty much settled that NVIDIA is not even planning on a driver, let alone working on one. Did I misread or misunderstand? I thought NVIDIA people had already said that they couldnt make a driver without Apples help (for some reason).

What you read was someone cold-emailing a CEO and getting exactly the type of response a CEO is going to give in such a situation. "You want support for a chip that apple isn't buying from us? Go bother apple so they buy chips from us".

The CEO is unlikely to know anything about the OSX web driver situation. You have to realize the webdrivers only exist to support some old Quadro cards in tower Mac Pros and then they list BETA support for the nvidia chips in the iMacs. The Maxwell (9XX) support we DO have isn't official in any way; it's not even really acknowledged. From the perspective of a CEO they'll support Pascal on OSX when Apple gives them a reason to. Same with 'official' support of Maxwell.

I suspect the current Maxwell drivers are a bit of a skunkworks project. It's probably going to be really difficult to get a straight answer about the fate of Pascal drivers since the official line is always going to be 'not supported'.

Has anybody figured out how to fix the flickering Intel 530 graphics when plugged into the (1080) Pascal card? It works fine when I hook straight into the motherboard but I don't want to have to switch it every time.

I've already installed the 530 driver with multibeast, I think I've tried all the boot arg combos that matter. "About my Mac" says I have 22mb video memory but who knows if that's actually correct, I have the bios set to 96mb.

Has anybody figured out how to fix the flickering Intel 530 graphics when plugged into the (1080) Pascal card? It works fine when I hook straight into the motherboard but I don't want to have to switch it every time.

I've already installed the 530 driver with multibeast, I think I've tried all the boot arg combos that matter. "About my Mac" says I have 22mb video memory but who knows if that's actually correct, I have the bios set to 96mb.

You're not actually using the 530 if you are plugging into your 1080. Your computer is trying to use the 1080 and it doesn't really work properly, that is why it is showing 22mb. You must plug directly into the board to utilize the 530. The flicker textures are from the 1080 not utilizing all its VRAM.

Couldn`t wait any longer, 980ti on way (ebay), will hold onto 1070 for a while, but not too long. Be glad, not having to check this thread every day !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back