Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-z97x Gaming 3 - rev. 1.0
CPU
Intel Core i5 4690K @4.4GHz
Graphics
Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX1080 Strix OC Gaming
Hi, I am pretty new to the hackintosh scene, I have had Sierra 10.14.2 running for quite a while, problem free. However I decided to upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.4 today, and the results are quite a mess, the system is running fine, except for my 4k screen which is looking like something like this:
IMG_2899.JPG

I provided a screenshot with additional details, to help solve my problem. Looks to me like my GPU (1080Ti) is only getting 256MB of VRAM instead of the actual 11GB. However I am clueless as to what the problem might be.
Untitled 2.png

Thank you in advance :)

EDIT: uploaded pictures through tonymacx86.com instead of offsite host.

EDIT 2: forgot to mention i am running a dual monitor setup. I have one 1080p screen on the left (working perfectly) and the 4K screen on the right, which as you can see is not working as it should. Works fine in windows, so I think this boils down to a driver issue of some sort.

EDIT 3: Googled around to patch the memory bug, which was just the injected nvidiadriver. It seems this problem only occurs on my 4K monitor, as I have tried disconnecting and restarting a number of times. The 4K screen is connected through DisplayPort, can't see why that would be the issue. I will do more research tonight, as I can't seem to find the issue causing this.

Last edited:
Hi, I am pretty new to the hackintosh scene, I have had Sierra 10.14.2 running for quite a while, problem free. However I decided to upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.4 today, and the results are quite a mess, the system is running fine, except for my 4k screen which is looking like something like this:
ruXiZ7H

I provided a screenshot with additional details, to help solve my problem. Looks to me like my GPU (1080Ti) is only getting 256MB of VRAM instead of the actual 11GB. However I am clueless as to what the problem might be.

0zeWiRI

upload your images here please

View attachment 327773

View attachment 327765

EDIT: uploaded pictures through tonymacx86.com instead of offsite host.

EDIT 2: forgot to mention i am running a dual monitor setup. I have one 1080p screen on the left (working perfectly) and the 4K screen on the right, which as you can see is not working as it should. Works fine in windows, so I think this boils down to a driver issue of some sort.

EDIT 3: Googled around to patch the memory bug, which was just the injected nvidiadriver. It seems this problem only occurs on my 4K monitor, as I have tried disconnecting and restarting a number of times. The 4K screen is connected through DisplayPort, can't see why that would be the issue. I will do more research tonight, as I can't seem to find the issue causing this.

Okay, I just reinstalled High Sierra 10.13.4 clean install, now everything seems to be in order, no artefacts, both screens working flawlessly. So if anyone else should happen to run into this problem, this is the simplest solution as far as I know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back