RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,
I've just bought a new Nvdia 1050 GPU and updated my system to macOS 10.13.4 with a clean install.
Is there a way I can make my dual monitor setup work, though aware of new changes in macOS 10.13.4 and eGPU support.

System definition is iMac17,1
I'm using latest Nvidia - WebDriver-387.10.10.10.30.103
With additional kext:
- NvidiaGraphicsFixup, Shiki and Lilu.

Single monitor connected from DVI to HDMI(converter) works just fine with full acceleration.
But there's a black screen on HDMI port.

What I've tried -
I've tried fixes mentioned for older versions of High Sierra and one is this. This ends up with black screen on both monitors, tho pointer appears on one screen initially.

This is how the graphics properties looks like.
image.png

I have also attached my config list.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3 KB · Views: 155
Hello everyone,
I've just bought a new Nvdia 1050 GPU and updated my system to macOS 10.13.4 with a clean install.
Is there a way I can make my dual monitor setup work, though aware of new changes in macOS 10.13.4 and eGPU support.

With additional kext:

Single monitor connected from DVI to HDMI(converter) works just fine with full acceleration.

What I've tried -
I've tried fixes mentioned for older versions of High Sierra and one is this. This ends up with black screen on both monitors, tho pointer appears on one screen initially.

View attachment 325548

Solution: I changed my HDMI cable. Turns out HDMI 2.0 cable isn’t supported.
And macOS doesn't support this because there’s are no Macs with HDMI 2.0

Hello everyone,

With additional kext:

What I've tried -

View attachment 325548

May I ask how you got your Graphics to work? I've installed High Sierra 10.13.6 and I can't get it to work. I've just tried everything. I've not tried Shiki, though. My graphics are the same as yours.

Thanks in advance.

May I ask how you got your Graphics to work? I've installed High Sierra 10.13.6 and I can't get it to work. I've just tried everything. I've not tried Shiki, though. My graphics are the same as yours.

Thanks in advance.
Hey, I'm sorry I didn't get any notification for your reply.
I uploaded my EFI drive here. I hope this help, if you are still stuck.

And for Mojave I'm waiting for NVIDIA to release the web drivers.

With additional kext:

@29satnam,

NvidiaGraphicsFixup and Shiki are depreciated and are no longer maintained
The functionality provided by those two Lilu plug-in's in now incorporated in to the WhatEverGreen Plug-in.

Recommend you update to the latest version of Lilu + WhatEverGreen :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

Cheers
Jay

I saw few people saying the swithch in clover for web drivers is no longer working and so you need to manually edit plist with this new switch which ends in /webdriver I'll get the whole command if you still don't know what I'm talking about (or perhaps its them who don't know what they are talking about...

The new method for Enabling/Disabling the Nvidia drivers via Clover is documented here :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/

Cheers
Jay

Do we have a fix for Nvidia web drivers with Mojave?

Not yet ...

There has been no official word from Nvidia on the state of the development of Mojave Metal 2 WebDrivers (IE: 3rd Party Drivers), there is some speculation on the Nvidia forums that Nvidia are waiting on Apple for approval but this has not been officially confirmed by Nvidia with regards to the Mojave WebDrivers.

We probably wont see anything form Nvidia until some point next year ...

It took Nvidia nine months to release an updated WebDriver to support the 10 series GPU's and that development was based on the existing Nvidia WebDriver architecture, for Mojave Nvidia will have to start from scratch and will require support from Apple as the Metal 2 API is closed source. Given the state of the current relationship between Nvidia and Apple which most people believe is sour (to put it mildly) .... I believe that this is the real reason for the delay.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Not yet ...

There has been no official word from Nvidia on the state of the development of Mojave Metal 2 WebDrivers (IE: 3rd Party Drivers), there is some speculation on the Nvidia forums that Nvidia are waiting on Apple for approval but this has not been officially confirmed by Nvidia with regards to the Mojave WebDrivers.

We probably wont see anything form Nvidia until some point next year ...

Cheers
Jay
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back