GTX 1050
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello everyone,
I've just bought a new Nvdia 1050 GPU and updated my system to macOS 10.13.4 with a clean install.
Is there a way I can make my dual monitor setup work, though aware of new changes in macOS 10.13.4 and eGPU support.

System definition is iMac17,1
I'm using latest Nvidia - WebDriver-387.10.10.10.30.103
With additional kext:
- NvidiaGraphicsFixup, Shiki and Lilu.

Single monitor connected from DVI to HDMI(converter) works just fine with full acceleration.
But there's a black screen on HDMI port.

What I've tried -
I've tried fixes mentioned for older versions of High Sierra and one is this. This ends up with black screen on both monitors, tho pointer appears on one screen initially.

This is how the graphics properties looks like.
image.png

I have also attached my config list.

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus-Z170K
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello everyone,
I've just bought a new Nvdia 1050 GPU and updated my system to macOS 10.13.4 with a clean install.
Is there a way I can make my dual monitor setup work, though aware of new changes in macOS 10.13.4 and eGPU support.

With additional kext:

Single monitor connected from DVI to HDMI(converter) works just fine with full acceleration.

What I've tried -
I've tried fixes mentioned for older versions of High Sierra and one is this. This ends up with black screen on both monitors, tho pointer appears on one screen initially.

View attachment 325548

Solution: I changed my HDMI cable. Turns out HDMI 2.0 cable isn’t supported.
And macOS doesn't support this because there’s are no Macs with HDMI 2.0

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370P-D3
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
GTX 1050
Hello everyone,

With additional kext:

What I've tried -

View attachment 325548

May I ask how you got your Graphics to work? I've installed High Sierra 10.13.6 and I can't get it to work. I've just tried everything. I've not tried Shiki, though. My graphics are the same as yours.

Thanks in advance.

Motherboard
Asus-Z170K
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
May I ask how you got your Graphics to work? I've installed High Sierra 10.13.6 and I can't get it to work. I've just tried everything. I've not tried Shiki, though. My graphics are the same as yours.

Thanks in advance.
Hey, I'm sorry I didn't get any notification for your reply.
I uploaded my EFI drive here. I hope this help, if you are still stuck.

And for Mojave I'm waiting for NVIDIA to release the web drivers.

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth Z87
CPU
I7-3500
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
I'm just trying to get single monitor to work on my 1050ti and high sierra, so can you please give a step by step on how you got this working single monitor? You used the three kexts mentioned here and then what did you do in clover? did you use nvram or inject nvidia? use the NVDISABLE=1 or thye newer yadayada/webdriver command line? please help as this has me stumped for two weeks now...

as far as your multi-monitor problem try this this versiuon of clover I have attached have a look and see for yourself sorry I confused solutions before with that kext this is what you need I think the guy who posted it said he has all three monitors booting from this

Thanks for your prompt reply and hope it solves my problem and you get your two monitors up as well

Attachments

Last edited:

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
did you use nvram or inject nvidia?
Native NVRAM support or an emulation of it is essential for the Nvidia web drivers - Test
You should not inject Nvidia graphics.

use the NVDISABLE=1
NVDISABLE=1 is nonsense and will have no effect.
nv_disable=1 is used to boot in VESA mode until the OS and the web drivers have been installed.

or thye newer yadayada/webdriver command line?
Huh ?

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
With additional kext:
@29satnam,

NvidiaGraphicsFixup and Shiki are depreciated and are no longer maintained
The functionality provided by those two Lilu plug-in's in now incorporated in to the WhatEverGreen Plug-in.

Recommend you update to the latest version of Lilu + WhatEverGreen :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth Z87
CPU
I7-3500
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
new
Native NVRAM support or an emulation of it is essential for the Nvidia web drivers - Test
You should not inject Nvidia graphics.

NVDISABLE=1 is nonsense and will have no effect.
nv_disable=1 is used to boot in VESA mode until the OS and the web drivers have been installed.

Huh ?
the new command I forgot first part so I put yadayada/webdriver its the mcommandline that launches webdriver

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
new
the new command I forgot first part so I put yadayada/webdriver its the mcommandline that launches webdriver
I think we both have no idea what you are talking about.

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth Z87
CPU
I7-3500
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
@29satnam,

NvidiaGraphicsFixup and Shiki are depreciated and are no longer maintained
The functionality provided by those two Lilu plug-in's in now incorporated in to the WhatEverGreen Plug-in.

Recommend you update to the latest version of Lilu + WhatEverGreen :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

Cheers
Jay
so just the lilu and green are all I need? and then and after installing them I can just copy your plist and overwrite mine with yours and should be ok?
I think we both have no idea what you are talking about.
I saw few people saying the swithch in clover for web drivers is no longer working and so you need to manually edit plist with this new switch which ends in /webdriver I'll get the whole command if you still don't know what I'm talking about (or perhaps its them who don't know what they are talking about...