Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ZBook 15 (G1)
CPU
Intel i7-4800MQ
Graphics
Intel HD 4600 & Nvidia Quadro K1100MM
Hello All:

Well I had a perfectly good working system on a HP ZBook 15 until last week. Wifi - after adding a replacement Broadcom 43224, Bluetooth, sound and everything else has been working essentially flawlessly for a few months now. I decided to update to 10.11.6 and that's when things went downhill quickly.

The system came back up OK after the reboot but I noticed sound wasn't working -- it looked like no sound devices were being detected. After searching around some I came across some kexts to fix audio. After another reboot, sound worked fine but my screen resolution was set to something like 1440x900. That's not the native resolution of this machine so it looked pretty bad. I tried to tweak Graphics by going back into the Clover Configurator. At that point, the system failed to boot and has not booted up since.

Booting up in verbose mode I can see that it's failing on OsxAptioFixDrv: Error - Requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block.

Here's one part of the puzzle that makes no sense to me. I get this same exact error even when booting up with a USB Flashdrive containing Clover and the latest OSX Installer. How could something that was working so well suddenly act like it's losing its mind? And, if it's related to something I did using the Clover Configurator how could it affect both the system HD and USB Flash?

Oh, just so you know, I've tried booting from the USB Installer disk, the system's HD, the Recovery HD all to no avail. If I try to start in Single User mode or in Recovery Mode the system generally immediately reboots.

Any and all help are much appreciated.

...gpsguy88

What kexts?

Clover Configurator should not be used to edit config.plist.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

RehabMan:

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately, I don't recall the specific kexts I tried to modify with Clover Configurator the first time. Whatever I did fixed the audio but broke the screen resolution. I didn't recall it at the time I posted my original message, but after I read your reply and followed the link above, I remember going there and attempting to build the HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch probook tools. That didn't work though as I must've already flubbed up something previously. I guarantee if I get this running again I won't be so quick to do a system update before checking here first.

RehabMan:

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately, I don't recall the specific kexts I tried to modify with Clover Configurator the first time. Whatever I did fixed the audio but broke the screen resolution. I didn't recall it at the time I posted my original message, but after I read your reply and followed the link above, I remember going there and attempting to build the HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch probook tools. That didn't work though as I must've already flubbed up something previously. I guarantee if I get this running again I won't be so quick to do a system update before checking here first.

Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Hello All:

Well I had a perfectly good working system on a HP ZBook 15 until last week. Wifi - after adding a replacement Broadcom 43224, Bluetooth, sound and everything else has been working essentially flawlessly for a few months now. I decided to update to 10.11.6 and that's when things went downhill quickly.

The system came back up OK after the reboot but I noticed sound wasn't working -- it looked like no sound devices were being detected. After searching around some I came across some kexts to fix audio. After another reboot, sound worked fine but my screen resolution was set to something like 1440x900. That's not the native resolution of this machine so it looked pretty bad. I tried to tweak Graphics by going back into the Clover Configurator. At that point, the system failed to boot and has not booted up since.

Booting up in verbose mode I can see that it's failing on OsxAptioFixDrv: Error - Requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block.

Here's one part of the puzzle that makes no sense to me. I get this same exact error even when booting up with a USB Flashdrive containing Clover and the latest OSX Installer. How could something that was working so well suddenly act like it's losing its mind? And, if it's related to something I did using the Clover Configurator how could it affect both the system HD and USB Flash?

Oh, just so you know, I've tried booting from the USB Installer disk, the system's HD, the Recovery HD all to no avail. If I try to start in Single User mode or in Recovery Mode the system generally immediately reboots.

Any and all help are much appreciated.

...gpsguy88
Hi, i have the same computer could you share your EFI folder ? i have an OsxAptioFixDrv error on starting but only if i start with 16 GB memory, not with 8 GB.

with files here...

Attachments

• Error-Boot.jpg
    Error-Boot.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 156
  • EFI-Zbook.zip
    34.9 MB · Views: 242
with files here...

Please, read "problem reporting" carefully.

EFI is not requested.
Only EFI/Clover (without themes).
It should be *much* smaller than 34.9MB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back