GA-Z170X-GAMING 5
CPU
Core i5-6500
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings,

I finally built my Hackintosh and installed Sierra. After a few normal reboots this started happening: the Clover interface shows up, the progress bar under the Apple logo starts normally and then, near the end it slows almost to a stop. Then the video cuts to black and get the dreaded No Signal on the display.

This happens on every boot volume I choose: the main boot volume, the Recovery partition and the Installation USB thumb drive.

My system specs:
Mobo: GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 UEFI
CPU: Core i5-6500
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB

GPU: GeForce GT 740 SC 4GB connected to a 32" LG TV Display thru a DVI to HDMI cable.
(Same display I use with my old MacPro/ATI Radeon HD 5700)

I already tried hooking it up directly from the mobo HDMI video port with HDMI-to-HDMI cable with similar results.

What do I need to do? Tweak something on the UEFI BIOS setup? Type some CLI command? Anything to get out of this quagmire will be appreciated.

At this point I am ready to start from scratch and reinstall everything again. That is if the machine let me :p

Frustratingly yours,

PotatoGamer

Last edited:
Attach your config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 290
Thanks. I replaced the config file on the EFI USB with yours, but it still loads painfully slow after the progress bar hits the half-way mark. Again, the video cuts off before the bar gets a chance to complete and I get the No Connection message again.
The Debug LED on the motherboard reads "A0" which means "IDE initialization started", as per the user manual.

Any suggestions?

Change config.plist/Boot/Log=true to false
Code:
    <key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Log</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>

Same Results.....

However, I had a hunch the problem was connected with the SS Drive or the IDE/ATA bus (because of the Debug LED on the motherboard indicating "IDE initialization started". So I unplugged the SSD, rebooted from the USB stick and BINGO!
It booted all the way to the installer. After replugging the SSD I reinstalled Sierra and ran MultiBeast.

So now, I have a somewhat working Hackintosh which is connected to the internet via Ethernet.

Thanks to everyone who lent a hand on this thread.

Last edited:
Well, the shenanigans are back:

Everytime I update something on the HFS volume, I have to unplug the SATA cable, boot from the Clover USB stick then restart, plug the SATA cable again, choose HFS and it boots from the SSD. When I do that I get a message like the one I attached below. Then, a verbose laundry list scrolls for a few seconds before the Apple logo appears and the boot process completes.

Any advice/suggestions/tips/guidance/counsel as to what is causing this and how to permanently fix it?
That SATA plug will wear out if this keep going on like this. :banghead:

Thanks in Advance.

EDIT: BTW, the GPU now works fine. Downloaded and installed the latest driver from Nvidia's website.

Attachments

• IMG_6201.JPG
    IMG_6201.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back