Contribute
Register

[solved] Not booting: Clevo P750DM-G Skylake i7-6700K / Intel Z170 - nvidia 980M 4K display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi pal, May I please ask you a question? Does 980m works well on this module? I've heard that the Intel Graphics is ignored by this system, So I guess the 980m will works, Just wanna make sure about that. Thank you very much in advance!
Since this article was marked in [solved], I'm not sure if I am allowed to make a post here, If not, I'm really sorry about that, I don't mean to break the rule.

Hello friend!
I have the same Clevo as you do,
I have a question before I start messing around with hackintoshing it
Did you install the hackintosh over a PCI-e m2, SATA m2 or normal SATA ssd?
I have a samsung SM951 nvme PCIe and I would like to know if it possible to install over it.
do you have any general advices for hackintoshing it?
Thank you so much

Last edited:
I managed to Hackintosh this unit. The only thing doesn't work is the 980m.
I tried using the Nvidia Web Driver but it never lets me select the nvidia driver it always revert back to the osx driver.
How did you manage to make it work?

Sorry for abandoning the thread with questions, I had many exams at the end of last year and put the hackintosh on hold. I'm not sure if I should answer here as well, since it marked as solved, but since the PM system requires 75 posts to call someone else's attention, here it goes:

Hi pal, May I please ask you a question? Does 980m works well on this module? I've heard that the Intel Graphics is ignored by this system, So I guess the 980m will works, Just wanna make sure about that. Thank you very much in advance!
Since this article was marked in [solved], I'm not sure if I am allowed to make a post here, If not, I'm really sorry about that, I don't mean to break the rule.

Yes, the 980M works beautifully with NVidia web drivers for 10.11.1 and 10.11.2

I managed to Hackintosh this unit. The only thing doesn't work is the 980m.
I tried using the Nvidia Web Driver but it never lets me select the nvidia driver it always revert back to the osx driver.
How did you manage to make it work?

You have to remove nv_disable=1 and use nda_drv=1 as the boot options on your clover config. I don't use the NVidia driver manager. You also need to make the changes described in problem 4 in http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html

My clover config is attached View attachment CLOVER.zip - config-install.plist is used to install OSX and config.plist is used when you finished installing the nvidia web drivers. So rename config-install.plist to config.plist if you are going to install or have not installed the web drivers yet.

Thank you so much!
Everything is working!

Hello. Do you have a working WIFI connection? What module do you have (Intel 8260 or Killer 1535)? How is the rest working so far? I'm interested in buying a P751DM-G (with Intel I7 6700 and NVidia GTX970M).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back