Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
CPU
Intel i7 2700K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i tried to patch my AppleHDA with a dummy kext from rehabman's script but for some reason i don't have sound although the symbol is there and the volume is changing but there are no inputs/outputs. I patched the HDEF and HDAU and i have the correct layout so i don't think that's the problem. Attached the files including my codec files.

Attachments

• debug_7041.zip
    2 MB · Views: 61
i tried to patch my AppleHDA with a dummy kext from rehabman's script but for some reason i don't have sound although the symbol is there and the volume is changing but there are no inputs/outputs. I patched the HDEF and HDAU and i have the correct layout so i don't think that's the problem. Attached the files including my codec files.

Don't forget to boot without caches, rebuild cache, then boot normally.

Don't forget to boot without caches, rebuild cache, then boot normally.

i did that but still the same, although i installed a kext and then rebuild cache

i did that but still the same, although i installed a kext and then rebuild cache

Might be a problem in your ACPI setup.
Look what happens if you try to disassemble your patchmatic -extract output with 'iasl -da -dl *.aml':
Code:
ACPI Error: [_DSM] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20161210/dswload-462)
ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20161210/psobject-310)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

Might be a problem in your ACPI setup.
Look what happens if you try to disassemble your patchmatic -extract output with 'iasl -da -dl *.aml':
Code:
ACPI Error: [_DSM] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20161210/dswload-462)
ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20161210/psobject-310)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

well i'm kinda noob on ACPI. what does this mean?

well i'm kinda noob on ACPI. what does this mean?

It means you have a duplicate _DSM method somewhere.
In your case, I think it is due to conflicting ACPI/patched content and Clover config.plist settings.
You have config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.
It conflicts with SSDT-PluginType1.aml.
Use only one or other other, not both.
See guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Also, the Generate/APLF, Generate/APSN you have as 'true'... are wrong. Remove.

It means you have a duplicate _DSM method somewhere.
In your case, I think it is due to conflicting ACPI/patched content and Clover config.plist settings.
You have config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.
It conflicts with SSDT-PluginType1.aml.
Use only one or other other, not both.
See guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Also, the Generate/APLF, Generate/APSN you have as 'true'... are wrong. Remove.

I did the changes you mentioned and still the same. I booted without caches, rebuild cache, then boot normally but still no change. What the chances are that the SSDT-HDEF and SSDT-HDAU have issues? the layout-id is 3 but i use 13 through the \RMCF.AUDL. Attaching files.

Attachments

• debug_28817.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
ok i managed to fix it by changing the codec layout to 3 and creating again the AppleHDA injector and now works.

I did the changes you mentioned and still the same. I booted without caches, rebuild cache, then boot normally but still no change. What the chances are that the SSDT-HDEF and SSDT-HDAU have issues? the layout-id is 3 but i use 13 through the \RMCF.AUDL. Attaching files.

Your patchmatic output now disassembles cleanly with: iasl -da -dl *.aml
You should check that your AppleHDA actually uses layout-id=13. Most patched AppleHDA for laptops use 3.

ok i managed to fix it by changing the codec layout to 3 and creating again the AppleHDA injector and now works.

Seems this can be marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back