Hardware:
Computer: Acer Aspire XC-605
BIOS: P11.B3
CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz
Graphics: Intel HD 4600
Sound codec: Realtek ALC662
Ethernet: RealtekRTL8168

Software:
Bootloader: Clover, installed with Multibeast but updated to r4035?

Apologies in advance, I don't mean to be patronising, I'm just giving as much detail as I can due to my own ignorance.

I seem to be unable to detect sound devices on OS Sierra with ALC662. I've attempted to follow this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/, using clover configuration to modify the config.plist (of the EFI partition) to match the sample produced by the patcher, pasting the dummy kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ and using kext utility to repair permissions.

I'm not entirely sure what it means by layout ID (PC has 3 jacks in the rear, blue green pink, 2 in the front, output/input - did some research but still don't quite know how to determine) but I've attempted each one, 3/5/7 (same procedure each time).

I noticed that the HEX values didn't really correspond to what they should've been in the clover configuration, so I have even attempted to just copy and paste the raw .plist XML.

At this point, would it be easier just to get a USB adapter?

Solved. Just replaced the entire AppleHDA.kext with the one provided. Problem must've been the clover tool not interpreting the HEX values correctly with the replacement.

P.S. I'm an idiot for not trying it sooner.

Solved. Just replaced the entire AppleHDA.kext with the one provided. Problem must've been the clover tool not interpreting the HEX values correctly with the replacement.

P.S. I'm an idiot for not trying it sooner.
yes really u are.. but the good thing is that u solved it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back