Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi,

i have installed mac snow retail 10.3 using iboot+multibeast. and later i upgraded to 10.6 via suggested method in tonymacx86 blog. i was able to install it without any problems sound worked after multibeast installation. but only problem was there i was not able to use mic via my headphones. i used it for few months without headphone but now i needed them in some applications desperately.

so i tried to find my sound drivers. my mobo is intel DG41WV.
Code:
[url]http://www.intel.com/Products/Desktop/Motherboards/DG41WV/DG41WV-overview.htm[/url]
it uses Realtek * ALC888 audio codec. so after searching here i found
Code:
[url]http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-unified-realtek-onboard-audio.html[/url]
i downloaded new multibeast which have this update and installed. as i have voodohda installed i used following method,

1. Delete VoodooHDA from System/Library/Extensions.
2. Open MultiBeast
3. Select ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + System Utilities
4. Reboot

and i ran into 3 problems after this.
1) it does not work completely now. all sound is disabled.
2) i need to use safe mode now. it shows that black window restart in normal boot. but works in safe mode.
3) i try to reinstall universal audio package but it also didn't help. it give me same error as previous.

now i can run my system only in safe mode. can anybody help me with this? thanks in advance.
have a good day.

my full system spec in case it is required,
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 Spec No. SLGTE
Intel Motherboard DG41WV
Western Digit 500 GB
2 GB DDR3 Ram
AOC 16" LCD
Logitech Keyboard/Mouse
600 Watt SMPS

Re: no sound and boot fail after ALC8xxHDA update :(

can you tell me where i can find NON-DSDT HDAEnabler for my codec and how i can install it ?

OMG :banghead:

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-24 um 14.07.57.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-24 um 14.07.57.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 469

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
OMG i'm feeling so dumb !!! :oops:
i was searching so many things and i didnt even look at multibeast so sorry
i m trying this solution right after this post.

thank you again. :headbang:

finally after hard battled fight with command line and lots of editing its working now :)
thank you very much karacho.

actually the main driver didn't work the way you have told. i am writing all the steps of what i have done to get it working.

step 1) by default my system have voodo drivers. sound output worked but microphone never worked. after lot of tries with multibeast i was not able to configure it. in my mac system info tab in audio it was always said no hardware. :banghead:

2) i installed new multibeast with newly built alcxxx package but it not worked and after karacho's instruction i added non dsdt hda enabler. but after reboot system panicked !!!
so i tried to find all audio kexts and remove them. i found following in my system
voodohda, applekext, alc888 kext. i removed them and rebuilt the permission. after that i followed karacho's instruction step again and restart and it didnt panicked but sound was totally disabled. about this mac->audio showed me intel 888 and all ports as per my system config. but in system preference->audio showed me everything disabled. i restareted but it didnt work. after debugging i found some voodohda error during boot. i installed latest voodohda package from google code. and restart and boom

it did work fine :) :headbang: :clap: :clap:

now my system says i have intel 888 audio controller and both voodohda and alc8xxx is in extentions and my audio and recording seems to working absolute fine. :)

so i m scratching my head which kext is really working in my system but whatever it is it is working :D and thank you very much to karacho to guide me so much without your help it would not be possible to get it done :) thank you so much....

just for sidenote i have already installed that voodohda many times but microphone never worked. so its something in alc8xx that is working for my system...but system also needs voodohda package. :idea:

thanks again and have a Wonderful day :) :thumbup:

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU 'managedemo' for the tip! :clap: Google code voodoo package worked to restore good audio on my newer system (GA-H67-UD3H-B3, i5-2400 cpu, 9500GT video card). :thumbup: 10.6.7 appears to be working smoothly now.

Ah....good to know. Thanks Karacho. I'm still new at this stuff. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back