CPU
i5 9400F
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Problem: I have working sound using audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip but I lose sound after sleep/wake and appreciate this problem is well known.

I have tried this: Releases · cliffom/appleHDAReset · GitHub as recommended in this thread: No Audio After Sleep/Wake - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Fixes] - but when I double click the file I have no sound and my audio devices disappear from settings/sound. Reboot then restores sound.

Question: I assume I should try solution 1. first - Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander ? - but I am struggling. The read me in the Codec Commander article tells me to edit info.plist but it doesn't elaborate and I am still learning so would appreciate help. Am I editing the info.plist in the patched AppleHDA kext, or do I need to create a kext or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Problem reporting info:
1. Description of problem: as above
2. System: Yosemite 10.10.1/GAZ87-HD3/F4 BIOS/i5 4570/NVidia Gforce GT640 2048
3. Procedure/Guide Used: as above
4. IO Jones: attached
5/6/7 n/a
8. Screen shot: Attached
9. n/a
10. 1.Clover config. plist: Attached 2. EFI/CLOVER/misc/debug.log (Set config.plist/Boot/Debug/YES) I set this in Clover and system took ages to boot, but misc folder empty - let me know if you need
11. Speakers - 1.Harman Kardon - Model unknown - 2.Plugged into green output - working well apart from after sleep 3. Selection is "Internal Speakers"

Many thanks for help.

Attachments

• IOJones.iojones
    1 MB · Views: 578
  • SystemInfoAppleHDA.png
    SystemInfoAppleHDA.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 4,991
  • config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 772
Last edited by a moderator:
No sound after sleep - ALC892 - Yosemite + Clover

Solved - with help from alternative forum

I'm in the same boat - what did your solution end up being?

Thanks,
crash

I'm in the same boat - what did your solution end up being?
Solution was here Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander but I needed help as I couldn't work out what to do.

Fortunately I got assistance from the author of Codec Commander and all credit to Dolnor for his help

Below is a guide of what I did which I hope will help. Bear in mind first time I have done this, but I still have sound after sleep/wake :cool:

Software requirements:

1. Xcode: https://developer.apple.com/xcode/downloads/
2. PlistEdit Pro or similar: http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/plisteditpro/
3. Kext Beast or similar: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=3
4. Codec Commander code from above link. Hit download zip and put the folder on your desktop

What I did:

1. In the folder EAPD-Codec-Commander-master you will see a file called "CodecCommander.xcodeproj" - right click and open with Xcode
2. Hit command+B and the kext should build
3. You should see this:

Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 18.24.45.png

4. In menu bar (xcode) select Product/Build For/Profiling - this creates the Release folder:

Screen+Shot+2015-01-01+at+3.11.48+PM.png

Now right click on "CodecCommander.kext" (shown in pic step 3) and Show in Finder. Then go up a catalogue (on my keyboard command plus up arrow) and you will see 2 folders, Debug and Release. You now need to edit the CodecCommander.kext file that is in the Release folder.
5. Open the CodecCommander.kext file with your Plist Editor.
6. In a terminal window type this: "ioreg | grep EngineOutput" hit enter, you should see something like this:

Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 18.30.30.png

7. Referring to the output above, change the value shown with arrow in following pic with the value directly after the @ symbol. In this example "1B"

Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 18.44.54.png

8. Now edit the value shown in next pic with the value directly after "1B" in my example. In my case "2"

Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 18.51.35.png

9. Then I added the code shown in the red rectangle:

Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 18.55.43.png

According to Dolnors guide these: "Settings (above) help for fugue sleep introduced in 10.9, which you could break during 25 second delay and end up with disabled EAPD. Enable this setting if you find yourself interrupting fugue sleeps frequently"

10. Save changes and place the kext file on the desktop
11. Install the kext to system/library/extensions using Kext Beast or similar
12. In Clover Configurator import your config.plist and in Boot/Arguments select darkwake=8 and save your amended config.plist to EFI/CLOVER

Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 19.40.05.png

13. Repair permissions and reboot

Please remember, I am fairly new to Hackintosh (18 months or so) and I am still learning. If anyone wants to pick me up on anything or suggest corrections to this guide, please feel free.

Hope this works for you.

Last edited:
Hi Rikmywirry

Thanks for your work on this.

Solved my sound after sleep problem.

Like Bob The Tomato I also just changed the "0" to a "2" and nothing else and this did the trick.

Best wishes

:)

Solved my sound after sleep problem.

Like Bob The Tomato I also just changed the "0" to a "2" and nothing else and this did the trick.

Best wishes

Good to hear that it is working for you guys. The code in step 8 is supposed to sort issues if you "have to interrupt fugue sleep frequently" (according to Dolnor's guide) I have to be honest, I've no idea what fugue sleep is :| - if anyone wants to enlighten me, please feel free!

Credit for fix goes to Dolnor, all I did was type up guide from the help he gave me :clap:

Hey no, your input was invaluable. :headbang:

If it hadn't been for Toleda pointing me at your own post and then on to Donor I'd still be rebooting to get my sound back! I'd hoped there was a workaround but had no high hopes as wake/sleep has always been a pain for me. Great to get sound working again.

On top of that I've finally downloaded Xcode - something I was keen to do but had never done.

This solved all my issues! Cheers

I had the same issue but i fixed it with the alc892 drivers patched by multibeast v6.1.0 (mavericks version) on yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back