Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Hi I recently bought a new wifi/bt card to replace my old one. Is a BCM943602CS kit from amazon. All works fine, even in the bios, but my hack does't sleep. Sleep for two seconds and then wake up. The problem seems to be related with the usb port that is connected to the bluetooth card. I tested disabling the BT, disconnect this usb from the motherboard and reboot. After that sleeps well. If I just disable the bluetooth or the wifi with out disconnecting this internal usb doesn't sleep. The command wake reason sais XDCI XHC
Any ideas?

CPU: Intel i5 8400
Motherboard: Asus Maximus X Hero
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 740
Wifi/BT: BCM943602CS kit from amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Hi I recently bought a new wifi/bt card to replace my old one. Is a BCM943602CS kit from amazon. All works fine, even in the bios, but my hack does't sleep. Sleep for two seconds and then wake up. The problem seems to be related with the usb port that is connected to the bluetooth card. I tested disabling the BT, disconnect this usb from the motherboard and reboot. After that sleeps well. If I just disable the bluetooth or the wifi with out disconnecting this internal usb doesn't sleep. The command wake reason sais XDCI XHC
Any ideas?

CPU: Intel i5 8400
Motherboard: Asus Maximus X Hero
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 740
Wifi/BT: BCM943602CS kit from amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86-21

In system report>usb>[your network card port] is 'Built-In' set to 'yes' for that port? If not it could be that it is the network card itself causing immediate wake.

If you haven't done already follow the guide to create a custom ssdt to use with usbinjectall.kext:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

This will allow you to map ports specifically to your system including setting your network card port to 'built in'. You do this by setting "UsbConnector" to '0xFF' for the port your network card is connected to.

In system report>usb>[your network card port] is 'Built-In' set to 'yes' for that port? If not it could be that it is the network card itself causing immediate wake.

If you haven't done already follow the guide to create a custom ssdt to use with usbinjectall.kext:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

This will allow you to map ports specifically to your system including setting your network card port to 'built in'. You do this by setting "UsbConnector" to '0xFF' for the port your network card is connected to.

Hi. Thanks for the response. I don't see the buil-in part in the report. But this port should be usb 2 not 3. In the manual says this are usb 2 ports. In the system report says this are usb 3 ports. Strange

captura.jpeg

Hi. Thanks for the response. I don't see the buil-in part in the report. But this port should be usb 2 not 3. In the manual says this are usb 2 ports. In the system report says this are usb 3 ports. Strange

If 'Built-in' is not set to 'yes' then it won't appear. You should try following the guide and set the relevant usb port as described.

The attached is how mine looks.

You usb ports are probably both 2 and 3.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 20.12.49.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 20.12.49.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
If 'Built-in' is not set to 'yes' then it won't appear. You should try following the guide and set the relevant usb port as described.

The attached is how mine looks.

You usb ports are probably both 2 and 3.

Thanks I going to take a look.

Finally I change the BT/WIFI card for another cheaper model from Aliexpress. It works perfectly and sleeps normal.

I have to say I'm still testing it. Some times the speeds drops but I swap three different cards so may be some corrupted files there. I going to make full reinstall of the system soon. Over all works better than anything I have before. Bluetooth is working ok never lost connection. Just the speed drops but I mean from 90Mbits to 15Mbits still good for browsing and every thing I do with this machine.

I have to say I'm still testing it. Some times the speeds drops but I swap three different cards so may be some corrupted files there. I going to make full reinstall of the system soon. Over all works better than anything I have before. Bluetooth is working ok never lost connection. Just the speed drops but I mean from 90Mbits to 15Mbits still good for browsing and every thing I do with this machine.
Could be an antenna issue??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back