Contribute
Register

Solved> No Signal with Sapphire RX 580 Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try the new one.

Thanks for that. I noticed you removed SSDT-EC.aml which is needed to prevent APFS from hanging with the error:

Code:
apfs_module_start:1683: load: com.apple.filesystem.apfs, v1412.41.1, apfs-1412.41.1, 2019/10/21

I went ahead and gave it a shot anyways, but it did hang there.

I had the video go out on my Vega when I updated to 10.15.1. Whatevergreen 1.3.4 fixed it. It looks like that's the version you are running.

I have one shot in the dark. in your config file, Kext Injection is set to Detect. Maybe set it to Yes? It could be possible that your kext's aren't injecting.

How strange that its not working for me then. I tried changing Kext Injection to Yes, but no dice. Thanks for the suggestion.

Did you remove the Nvidia web drivers?

Thanks - good idea, but yes. I ran the NVIDIA Web Driver Uninstaller.app, deleted the CUDA kexts (and touched /Library/Extensions/ and /System/Library/Extensions/), the CUDA preference pane, and any other CUDA/NVIDA instances I could find in /System and /Library.

If I were troubleshooting this, next I would try to take my macOS installation out of the equation.

Can you boot into the macOS installer with your current CLOVER folder? if yes, make a new installation. Its very easy on APFS to make a new logical volume and delete it when you are done.

Same issue as before? Then you know its not your install.

If I were troubleshooting this, next I would try to take my macOS installation out of the equation.

Can you boot into the macOS installer with your current CLOVER folder? if yes, make a new installation. Its very easy on APFS to make a new logical volume and delete it when you are done.

Same issue as before? Then you know its not your install.

That is actually what I am trying right now. ;)

My installer that worked before (with my nvidia card installed) is now hanging on the message:

matching deferred by iousbhosthiddevice

Trying to figure that out now...

Thanks for that. I noticed you removed SSDT-EC.aml which is needed to prevent APFS from hanging with the error:

Code:
apfs_module_start:1683: load: com.apple.filesystem.apfs, v1412.41.1, apfs-1412.41.1, 2019/10/21

I went ahead and gave it a shot anyways, but it did hang there.

How strange that its not working for me then. I tried changing Kext Injection to Yes, but no dice. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks - good idea, but yes. I ran the NVIDIA Web Driver Uninstaller.app, deleted the CUDA kexts (and touched /Library/Extensions/ and /System/Library/Extensions/), the CUDA preference pane, and any other CUDA/NVIDA instances I could find in /System and /Library.

SSDT EC is for usb power management and in Catalina there is no need for.

For that error you add this patch :https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-for-boot-hangs-after-bios-update-acpi-patch.275091/

I sugest you do a bios clear CMOS, redo the bios settings boot into recovery partition, open terminal and fix kext cache and permissions, then reboot.

SSDT EC is for usb power management and in Catalina there is no need for.

Weird - because it fixes it for me, and was what the "solution" I found for it here on Tonymac.

Interesting. And that should work with my X99 mobo?

I sugest you do a bios clear CMOS, redo the bios settings boot into recovery partition, open terminal and fix kext cache and permissions, then reboot.

Hmm, I had just completely cleared out my bios when I upgraded the firmware. I guess I'll try as you suggest if I can't get this clean install going, thanks!

Weird - because it fixes it for me, and was what the "solution" I found for it here on Tonymac.

Interesting. And that should work with my X99 mobo?

Hmm, I had just completely cleared out my bios when I upgraded the firmware. I guess I'll try as you suggest if I can't get this clean install going, thanks!

There is a person in the forum that has the best guide for x99 build,

Alright - so I did a clean install and I'm all good now. Sorry, guess I should've tried that first before asking for help. But I really appreciate everyone's help, thank you all!

There is a person in the forum that has the best guide for x99 build,

Thanks. I nearly have it memorized now! :D

And actually, I didn't even do a clean install this time either. I didn't install to the drive I erased that I had intended to install to. So the only thing different with this install was the AMD card was present for the install. I guess that means the AMD kexts aren't installed if a AMD card isn't detected?

Hmm, so I deleted the NVIDIA web driver and on reboot I had no working display again despite the display being attached to my AMD RX 580. Rebuilding the cache did nothing. Glad I backed up the system first, will be reverting to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back