Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z390M-Pro TUF Gaming
CPU
i5-9400
Graphics
RX 5600 xt
This Hack has no problem shutting down or rebooting when booted from High Sierra 10.13.6, but freezes at the spinning white wheel when I try shutting down or rebooting in Mojave. Everything is the same = config.plist, BIOS Settings, & Kexts. I've included my zipped EFI folder that I use in Mojave & High Sierra (I can boot from High Sierra from a USB 3.0 drive).
Please help, otherwise I may have to go back to HS full time.

The hardware in my Sig is what I'm currently using.

Thanks,

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 118
This Hack has no problem shutting down or rebooting when booted from High Sierra 10.13.6, but freezes at the spinning white wheel when I try shutting down or rebooting in Mojave. Everything is the same = config.plist, BIOS Settings, & Kexts. I've included my zipped EFI folder that I use in Mojave & High Sierra (I can boot from High Sierra from a USB 3.0 drive).

Thanks,
Update or fresh install for Mojave?

Thanks,

From my personal experience with Gigabyte Motherboards (I don't have Asus), two areas of concern in an otherwise perfectly running Mojave where Shut Down and Reboot problems occurred, involved :
  • BIOS Setup (see uploaded images 1 &2)
  • CLOVER/config.plist/ACPI (see uploaded Image 3)
  • In my GA-Z270 ( I don't have a 300Series Board)the BIOS menu I had to edit included:
    • Chipset (See uploaded edited image)
    • Power (Power Management) (See uploaded edited image)
  • After several trials I could finally fix the problem with the following CLOVER/config.plist_ACPI and BIOS Menu editing as shown in my uploaded edited images.
    • In my initial Setup I had [√] FixShutDown in ACPI _Fixes.
    • But currently I can shut down without any automatic reboot on Shut Down without that [√]
  • In a very quick review of your Board's Manual from the Net, I could only see the option dealing with ErP under APM Configuration ->ErP Ready (See image 4).
  • I did not see the option to Wake on LAN ENABLE to Disable
  • You may try in your BIOS and config.plist similar editing to fix this issue.

Attachments

• 1.Z270_BIOS_ChipsetChipset.png
    1.Z270_BIOS_ChipsetChipset.png
    304 KB · Views: 415
  • 2.Z270_BIOS_Powermanagement.png
    2.Z270_BIOS_Powermanagement.png
    321.8 KB · Views: 453
  • 3.config.plist_ACPI.png
    3.config.plist_ACPI.png
    212.7 KB · Views: 430
  • 4.Asus_BIOS_APM Configuration_ErP Ready ..png
    4.Asus_BIOS_APM Configuration_ErP Ready ..png
    38.4 KB · Views: 376
Thanks cmn699,

I tried everything you suggested but unfortunately, it didn't work. Just for kicks, I'm going to try to disable my Intel NIC in the BIOS to see if that might help since there is no individual setting for WOL.

THis was an upgrade from High Sierra 10.13.6 to Mojave. I'm starting to think it's some with the mobo that Mojave doesn't like or the B360 chipset . . .

in case you haven't, check the kext's folder and make sure the kexts you are using are the most up to date and that the drivers64UEFI have only the required files.

ok, so disabling the Intel NIC in the BIOS had no effect either. Time to look into donw35's suggestion . . .

ok, so disabling the Intel NIC in the BIOS had no effect either. Time to look into donw35's suggestion . . .
  • The problem is ultimately related to Power.
  • If you have a device like an External Storage Disk connected through USB, try and disconnect and see if that has anything to do with the Shut Down Issue.
  • I'd already taken a look of your kext/Other and they are all OK including USBinjectAll.kext .
    • I would have removed all those Numbered empty kext folders but they are NOT THE CAUSE but don't serve any useful purpose either.
  • I had also not seen any problem with your drivers64UEFI.
  • My suspicion was on BIOS or ACPI .
  • Like I said if you have a Device connected to one of the USB ports, to isolate that as a possible cause , you can disconnect and try if Shut Down prob goes away and then reconnect and see if it comes back,
    • Then the troubleshoot must be directed toward that.
Added: On more thing. I did not ask and I presumed that you must have upgraded your CLOVER to the current before you upgraded to Mojave. If not, I suggest installing RehabMan's CLOVER.EFI from Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c.zip

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Looks like I was missing a kext. I added the same kexts I had in High Sierra to my Other folder in EFI and that seems to have fixed it. Though Sleep isn't working, seems to go to sleep for a few seconds then the Hack reboots . . .

Thanks everyone. Looks like I was missing a kext. I added the same kexts I had in High Sierra to my Other folder in EFI and that seems to have fixed it. Though Sleep isn't working, seems to go to sleep for a few seconds then the Hack reboots . . .
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I wanted to ask vlad1966 what kexts he uses to get reboot/shutdown working.
I have the same motherboard and shut down/restart isn't working in Mojave.

I have fought the Shutdown -> Reboot problem ever since updating to Mojave. Presently running 10.14.5 build 18F132 on a Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini-ITX motherboard, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, 1 TB Samsung 970 PRO NVMe SSD, Clover v 4934, Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ graphics. UEFI BIOS is Gigabyte's version F5 for this mobo. SMBIOS is iMac 19,1. Everything is copacetic except the refusal to shut down from the Apple Shutdown menu. Restart itself works correctly but to shut down I have to use the computer case's power button for a few seconds. Have tried many things... it worked fine on High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back