Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270XP-SLI
CPU
Core i7 7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Can somebody help me get audio going? I'm suffering the "no output devices found" problem. I've read through the posts and they're either written for very experienced Hackintoshers, or they're so stuffed with "if -> then" statements related to troubleshooting that I can't tell what to do.

I have a GA-Z270XP-SLI mobo that uses Realtek ALC1220. Multibeast failed to get it working. I probably have to unistall previous files from my earlier attempts to get it going.

Any help is really appreciated!

See pinned articles at top of forum for details. There are some discussion about what to do before you use Multibeast to install. A key point is that you need to be installing after you boot from that disk (no usb). And you should do this after installing any Nvidia drivers (at least that is what I did)

first install the 200 patch and 1200 codec using multi-beast. If that fails then look at pinned article above on audio multi-beast install.

Reboot

Now look at the article on kaby lake quick and dirty (assuming that is what you got) and install the two Fake... Ext provided by render man (link in articles above)

Mark

Yes. That is the thread for the Kaby lake quick fix. This thread has the extra ext's. Believe it is option 1 (and was the simplest!).

And this one talks about preparing for MultiBeast install which is really your first step.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-devices-applehda-realtek-audio.234729/

Lots of options and info, so a little hard to parse and grab the right info. But I first made sure the multi-beast install worked (see link 2) and then I added the ext's for Kaby lake (your link). And all working now. :)

Mark

Last edited:
Can you explain what the fix was? I’m having issues with no audio devices and I’m going to pull my hair out. Also do I need to have an audio device connected to mobo to see any devices? I try plugging head phones in to every port there is, but to no avail. I’m running an Asus z270 prime-a. Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back