Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello !

Yesterday I shutted down my hack. When I started it today, it blocked on clover boot screen with only 3 windows as boot choices (which is on another HD). There’s windows legacy hd1, legacy hd2 and EFI, but no Mac OS.

In the boot section of the bios, there are multiple entry for the HD with Mac OS, one with just the name, and two that says UEFI. Neither of the 3 works. The one with just the name don’t boot, and the two others just start clover with no Mac OS ...

I have changed nothing, just updated iTunes some days ago.
I use Sierra, last update.
I tried to find other thread about that with no luck.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

If you had upgraded Clover then there is a chance that VBoxHfs-64.efi is missing.
Check that you have VBoxHfs-64.efi or HFSPlus.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ (either one but not both).

Thanks for that fast answer ! How can I access EFI/clover ? I actually updated clover so that’s probably my problem !
You have multiple builds in your sig, hook the drive up to one of those and check.
Or boot from a USB installer.

I can't really hook the drive in the other computer it would be really complicated (long story ;))

I tried to make a clover usb stick with this topic https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/test-drive-how-to-create-a-clover-usb.127134/ but it will directly start on my windows 10 HD instead of showing a clover boot screen

I've installed paragon HTFS trial on my windows drive, but it will only show my other HD, not the system one. The system one is not broken because it shows in BIOS screen it shows and clover will boot.

I will still look for a way to mount my EFI on windows or boot with a USB with clover because it seems easier (I don't have a USB installer with Sierra anymore, needed the stick, I blame myself now) but I don't have a clue why my system HD is not showing in my windows 10 boot.

[edit] my main HD is not showing in windows explorer side bar but is showing in "my PC" section, but no EFI partition, any clue why ? thanks again !

Last edited:
I was able to recover the OS X boot. Seems I can't point to links on how I made it, must be against forum rules, so a quick recap :

I still had the ability to boot in windows 10, so I needed a program called MiniTool Partition Wizard that I used to see the EFI inside windows and that allowed me to change the letter for the drive. Then with another program called explorer++ I added HFSPlus.efi that was missing.

Still wonder how that one get erased by a clover update !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back