Motherboard
Asus H170M-CSM
CPU
Intel Core i5 6500
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 950 2Gb
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello! I'm not new to this site but this is my first post in a long time.

I just finished my Hackintosh with Sierra 10.12 + Clover following the simple guide on this website. My hardware is a 100-series Asus H170M-CSM (CSM disabled in BIOS) with an i5 6500 and a Gigabyte GTX 950. I'm currently using an LG 4K monitor plugged via Displayport and I've scaled the resolution on System Preferences; graphics are working flawlessly with the Nvidia web drivers plus the AGDP fix for Mac version 17,1 and the suggested NvidiaWeb tweak on Clover. I've managed to get everything working, including the onboard Realtek ALC887 high definition audio with a 3-port configuration (shows up on DPCIManager as ALC888B), by checking the recommended options on MultiBeast (ALC887/888B, optional 3 port 5.1 audio and 100 series audio).

Now, the problem. Hotplugging my LG TV works fine but no HDMI audio. I first tried Toleda's audio Clover 120 script method with no success. It does put the SSDT in the patched folder in Clover's EFI partition, which is basically what Toleda's guide for HDMI audio says, so I'm not sure what is going on. Could it be because I am using Displayport? Could it be that I selected the optional 3 port audio configuration (the mobo does have only three audio ports, but the manual says "7.1 high definition audio"? Am I missing any additional steps?

I have tried rebooting the system with the HDMI TV plugged in to no avail. Thank you all for any help!

EDIT: I've disabled the 3 port optional audio configuration and set the layout to 1 in Clover/Devices/Audio/Inject=1. Audio still works fine but no HDMI audio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back