Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] No fix for ALC1150 + Gigabyte X99-UD4 on macOS Sierra...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master F11e
CPU
i9-9900K @ 5 GHz
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry if this topic has been touched upon before. I've been wracking my head trying to make it work for a few days now, but no success, so posting it now...

Sound was working fine (except for no audio after waking from sleep) on El Capitan, Upon updating to macOS Sierra, I followed the steps to try and enable sound once again using Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]. Installation went without any hitches, I also added the kext patches etc., for my Gigabyte X99 motherboard in Clover, and sound devices are visible in System Preferences. However, there is no sound. Songs do not start playing in iTunes (remain paused and the time counter does not move) and videos do not play in YouTube or Quick Time Player.

audio_codecdetect.command says everything is working properly [see attached terminal output].

Any help in getting things going will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d_command.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 212
  • audio_codecdetect_command.txt
    646 bytes · Views: 211
  • Screenshot 2017-01-03 15.09.34.png
    Screenshot 2017-01-03 15.09.34.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 477
Sorry if this topic has been touched upon before. I've been wracking my head trying to make it work for a few days now, but no success, so posting it now...

Sound was working fine (except for no audio after waking from sleep) on El Capitan, Upon updating to macOS Sierra, I followed the steps to try and enable sound once again using Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]. Installation went without any hitches, I also added the kext patches etc., for my Gigabyte X99 motherboard in Clover, and sound devices are visible in System Preferences. However, there is no sound. Songs do not start playing in iTunes (remain paused and the time counter does not move) and videos do not play in YouTube or Quick Time Player.

audio_codecdetect.command says everything is working properly [see attached terminal output].

Any help in getting things going will be greatly appreciated.

Follow this guide below (you will need the original untouched system AppleHDA.kext for this to work).
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4e23w6/guide_native_audio_with_clover_applealckext/

Simply change your audio ID to 1 in your clover.plist (using 1 works for the Gigabyte ud4 board) then download the latest AppleALC.kext from here (choose the RELEASE.zip version)
https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases and drop it into your EFI clover/kexts folder.

Reboot then all should be cool!

Works perfect for me with my setup - ud4, 5820k running Sierra 10.12.2

Hey, since our config is so similar, do you mind if I pick your brain on some other aspects of the build? I am not able to send you a PM, since I don't have enough posts. Would you send me a PM? TIA

Please read and comply with the rules :
The Rules said:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back