i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600 // GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,

I installed OS X EL Capitan on my Haswell system today.
I didn´t choose mac OS Sierra, because I can´t download it and with mac OS High Sierra I had some issues too, because my Macbook updated the system after I downloaded it from the Mac App Store.
So I chose El Capitan, because it was the only system that I can download.
The installation process worked fine, I installed Clover, some other neccessary kexts and the Nvidia Web Drivers for my GTX 980.
The only problem is that my internet doesn´t work. WIFI will not work, but ethernet should work but it doesn´t.
I use the newest IntelMausiEthernet-v2 from RehabMan for my Intel i217-V.
The motherboard I have is the Z87 Pro from ASUS.

My ethernet also doen´t work with windows, I also installed the right drivers for ethernet for Windows 10, but only WIFI work.
I made a network problem treatment, but it says that everything work just fine.

Could it be that I need to enable something in the BIOS to get it working?

An answer would be nice :)

Go look in the USER Build section of this forum and see what others with your MB did for Ethernet. You might need to peruse the older systems since most of the newer ones are using Sierra/HS not El Cap.

Did you use the El Cap version of MultiBeast?

Go look in the USER Build section of this forum and see what others with your MB did for Ethernet. You might need to peruse the older systems since most of the newer ones are using Sierra/HS not El Cap.

Did you use the El Cap version of MultiBeast?
Yes, I used the Multibeast version of El Capitan.

Since it not working under Windows also, I think you might need to find BIOS option to turn on. My ASUS HERO has an option to turn on-board LAN off - check yours and see if it might be in OFF mode.
Checked it in the BIOS, but it was activated. I unchecked it and checked it again, but nothing happens.
I also try some tests with the driver, the LED is glowing so I think it isn´t damaged.

EDIT: I created a boot.log before I disabled the LAN and after I re enabled it, it shows that the LAN port is present.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back