Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D 2017
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Hi rehabman,
as stated in the object i've a problem. I don't have the option to open the tray of my DVD reader after the upgrade to 10.12.4. It was there before but now if i click on the icon in the system tray it says "No device" but if i check under information of my Mac the reader is correctly recognized.
I attach a picture to better understand the problem.
Let me know what you need :
Schermata 2017-04-18 alle 10.11.00.png

Hi rehabman,
as stated in the object i've a problem. I don't have the option to open the tray of my DVD reader after the upgrade to 10.12.4. It was there before but now if i click on the icon in the system tray it says "No device" but if i check under information of my Mac the reader is correctly recognized.
I attach a picture to better understand the problem.
Let me know what you need :
View attachment 249224

You can eject through Finder, no?

You can eject through Finder, no?
Nope,
because the dvd reader is not in the finder window either.
I know it works because at boot i can boot from a dvd inserted in the reader. I see it in the BIOS and Mac info. But not in finder or in the system tray eject button and as i wrote it was there before the 10.12.4 upgrade

Nope,
because the dvd reader is not in the finder window either.
I know it works because at boot i can boot from a dvd inserted in the reader. I see it in the BIOS and Mac info. But not in finder or in the system tray eject button and as i wrote it was there before the 10.12.4 upgrade

Did you try a fresh install?

Nope,
at the moment i don't have time for that...
I was hoping you had some advices based on some previous experience ...

Nope,
at the moment i don't have time for that...
I was hoping you had some advices based on some previous experience ...

Problem solved after a reboot and a cache rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back