Contribute
Register

[solved] No boot entries in Clover UEFI mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUCCESS!!!

I managed to make the SSD bootable again by wiping the EFI partition and reinstalling the bootloader from scratch.

However, I wasn't satisfied to use Legacy anymore.

I found out that my laptop detected FAT32 USBs for UEFI just fine but not my internal SSD. So I kept digging and found out that I could add my UEFI entry on my bios from the EFI Shell. Unfortunately, the Clover EFI Shell doesnt work on my laptop.

I even found out older versions of the EFI shell but they lacked the required bcfg command.

So, I went back to square 1.

Then, using the old EFI shell, I saw that the files in clover uses the old 8+3 file names, so finally I made an entry on my BIOS to the path "efi\clover\clover˜1.efi" and it worked!!!

So, in the end, I had to add a manual entry on my BIOS to point to the internal SSD. I still have the EFI in legacy mode installed, so I can even boot in that mode if I choose.

Cheers!
I have a similar problem but my entries disappeared after I deleted the Preboot folder from Volumes. What exactly does that folder do and is there a way to get that back? In the efi shell in clover I can still see the Preboot folder in the trash can. Would it work if I found a way to put that folder back? This happened right after upgrading to Mojave . Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back