Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] No Audio with OpenCore on Big Sur, but Works with Clover on Catalina - Lenovo IdeaPad P500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to report more progress!!

Nothing worked after changing "Data" to "Integer" with layout-id of 6 in OCC.

I added "alcid=6" to boot args and WORKED! (see screenshots)

I've noticed before under IOReg>HDEF shows "alc-layout-id" when I only used the DeviceProperties, but now it doesn't appear in IOReg.

Any suggestions on my DeviceProperties to get it working without the use of "alcid=6"?
try removing everything apart from layout-id

reset nvram as well

try removing everything apart from layout-id

reset nvram as well
Left only layout-id and I removed the alcid flag, reset nvram upon boot, and back to no audio output.

Any other suggestions is appreciated :) I'll do some more digging and report back again.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 125
SOLVED!

To sum it up:
1) "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)" only, allows HDEF to activate.
2) Put back the original "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0)" from OCC dropdown audio list, made "layout-id" recognized in DeviceProperties.

Thank you Feartech so much! I've been digging into this audio issue for weeks, and you helped me in two days.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 846
SOLVED!

To sum it up:
1) "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)" only, allows HDEF to activate.
2) Put back the original "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0)" from OCC dropdown audio list, made "layout-id" recognized in DeviceProperties.

Thank you Feartech so much! I've been digging into this audio issue for weeks, and you helped me in two days.
well done! :)

thanks for sharing...can you please share the efi and recommendations? I'm about to buy this machine....also did you update to mac monterey?

thanks for sharing...can you please share the efi and recommendations? I'm about to buy this machine....also did you update to mac monterey?
the files and recommendations are already in this thread...

my bad I thought it is thinkstation...will it work with thinkstation?

my bad I thought it is thinkstation...will it work with thinkstation?
if it is a laptop with the same specs then yes it will

if not then no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back