Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H270N-WIFI
CPU
i3-7100, LGA1151
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630
I'm building the customac mini and my ssd doesn't show up in disk utility?
MB: Gigabyte H270N-wifi
SSD: Samsung vnand 850EVO 500Gig

I'm building the customac mini and my ssd doesn't show up in disk utility?
MB: Gigabyte H270N-wifi
SSD: Samsung vnand 850EVO 500Gig
Open Disk Utility and select View -> Show All Devices.
Close Disk Utility and then open it again.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Ok I think I updated my profile

Ok so I have reinstalled HighSierra and loaded multi-beast with the basic UEFI settings and it still keeps continually re-booting.

Ok I think I updated my profile
Not really - i3 tells very little about the processor meaning it is impossible to discern the standard of your integrated graphics.

Ok so I have reinstalled HighSierra and loaded multi-beast with the basic UEFI settings and it still keeps continually re-booting.
That just means that you made the wrong choices in MultiBeast.

That just means that you made the wrong choices in MultiBeast.[/QUOTE]
Not really - i3 tells very little about the processor meaning it is impossible to discern the standard of your integrated graphics.

That just means that you made the wrong choices in MultiBeast.

Any idea how to fix the MultiBeast settings? Sorry for all the questions, could this be a graphics issue?

Any idea how to fix the MultiBeast settings? Sorry for all the questions, could this be a graphics issue?
If you are able to boot from the USB installer then the easiest way to get you up and running would be :

Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your SSD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your SSD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your SSD.
Restart
You should now be able to boot from your SSD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

If you are able to boot from the USB installer then the easiest way to get you up and running would be :

Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your SSD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your SSD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your SSD.
Restart
You should now be able to boot from your SSD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Ok I'll give that a shot.
If I do that will that prohibit me from using MultiBeast to load up other drivers for Network etc? Meaning will MultiBeast overwrite the EFI settings that I'm going to manually edit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back