ntel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) HD Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys

I'm new to Hackintosh and I'm not sure if I have posted in the the right area. I downloaded multi East onto my iMac 2.6 MHz 6GB ram with 1tb hard drive running Yosemite and began to install it on my USB which is a 16GB usb3 transcend. I read all the info on installing the software and as it said it can take 30 to 45 mins to install I left it to complete when I came back there was a message on the screen that said restart which I did but now my iMac will not boot it complete 50% of the boot up then just freezes.

i sense it is me (user error) that caused this problem I can boot up in recovery mode but not safe mode. I don't want to have to totally format my drive if I can help it. Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong and how I can correct the problem

Newbie in need of major help pleaseeeee

Hi guys

I'm new to Hackintosh and I'm not sure if I have posted in the the right area. I downloaded multi East onto my iMac 2.6 MHz 6GB ram with 1tb hard drive running Yosemite and began to install it on my USB which is a 16GB usb3 transcend. I read all the info on installing the software and as it said it can take 30 to 45 mins to install I left it to complete when I came back there was a message on the screen that said restart which I did but now my iMac will not boot it complete 50% of the boot up then just freezes.

i sense it is me (user error) that caused this problem I can boot up in recovery mode but not safe mode. I don't want to have to totally format my drive if I can help it. Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong and how I can correct the problem

It seems that you may have confused Multibeast with Unibeast and in the process installed Multibeast onto your iMac.

This thread might give you an insight into the rectification process :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/macbook-pro/36607-solved-how-fix-crashed-mac-after-multibeast-install.html

Good Luck

Many Thanks P1lgrim have read the post you linked to and I'd say yes your right i have been a total muppet and installed it to my system. However it does seem there is a solution via Terminal/Shell to removing the offending files.

I'll just need to play about with it i think and hopefully i can erase the problem and get it right after that
cheers :oops:

Hi guys

can someone please help here still struggling with this I have managed to move the extra folder and i have looked in applications and i have a Yosemite recover.app but i cant find the path to the file so that i can copy the .kext files from /System/Library/Extensions

I don't want to remove the kext files until i am able to replace them just in case i am not able to start my iMac with Command + R.

I really do need to get back into my computer ASAP and i don't want to do a reformat as i have info and files that i have not backed up and are crucial to my work.

just to add extra info i have moved the /System/Library/Extensions folder to my documents folder so all i need to know is where to find the /System/Library/Extensions folder in the recovery partition and copy it to my /System/Library/Extensions and then hopefully i can complete the process

I have tried googling this with no results any help greatly appreciated

Solved Guys

The problem i think was that i was using a wireless keyboard and the clearing the PRam was not working as i put a usb keyboard in and fired it up hold shift +Command +P + R and hey presto it worked

many thanks P1lgrim et al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back