Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] New Nvidia web driver(378.05.05.05f01) will break night shift in Sierra 10.12.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Color calibration and Nightshift are both broken for me.

Updated: Downgraded to WebDriver-367.15.10.45f01.pkg and all is well again.

Last edited:
If Night Shift doesn't work on your monitor but turns the cursor yellow, here's a workaround for you. I accidentally found that after I turn the screen off with BetterTouchTool(stop gfx card sending signal to monitor) then turn it back on, Night Shift starts to work!!

The best solution for this problem is to stay with
WebDriver-367.15.10.45f01.pkg

Until nvidia releases a proper fix in their next update, stay with this driver as its compatible with 10.12.4 and even supports nightshift. If you had already installed the latest version(
378.05.05.05f01),
still you can downgrade it, just download this driver and start the installation, it will downgrade the driver and will give u a stable nvidia driver for 10.12.4 supporting nightshift.
Great - thanks for your help.
I reinstalled WebDriver 367.15.10.45f01.pkg - f.lux is now working again with my GTX 970 and 10.12.4.

No need to be sad anymore, folks. Nvidia just released a new driver and I can confirm it fixed this!!! Calibration and Night Shift now works!!!

Just update your drivers through the NVIDIA Driver Manager. The latest driver is:

378.05.05.05f02

No need to be sad anymore, folks. Nvidia just released a new driver and I can confirm it fixed this!!! Calibration and Night Shift now works!!!

Just update your drivers through the NVIDIA Driver Manager. The latest driver is:

378.05.05.05f02
Confirmed. My eyes and I thank you and Nvidia very much.

Glad to be the bringer of good news. :)

Just to add that if I make changes to the Nigh Shift scheduling, etc. and I shut down, Night Shift won't start functioning unless I click any of these 'Tab' choices: Display, Color on my display properties. I would have to then restart my system twice to have it remain functioning. Weird but I've tested this.

Putting my system to sleep does not tamper Night Shift functions, though.

Last edited:
05f02 FIXED IT!!!

love you all guys

378.05.05.05f02
Thanks for the info - f.lux is working with the new driver.

Does anybody have this working with a calibration created on a third party calibration platform? I calibrated with x-rite and that profile doesn't work, always comes back blue, even with the latest update from NVidia. System boots blue, if the displays turn off it goes blue... If I use the default profile for my display I don't have the problem, so it must be the profile I guess. Anyone with an X-Rite/Spyder/etc had this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back