Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] New Nvidia web driver(378.05.05.05f01) will break night shift in Sierra 10.12.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night shift does not work on GTX 1060 3GB
But it works perfectly fine on GTX 1070 8GB

Night Shift option not present on 4K TV connected via HDMI

Here I was going to comment that Night Shift worked on my GTX 1060 6GB, but double checking, I'm having the same symptom (Yellowed cursor outline, everything else remains the same). Looks like it functions randomly on boot up, and I'm not sure what determines this. However, seeing as the driver was clearly marketed as a beta, it's fair to expect this will be fixed sooner rather than later.

The best solution for this problem is to stay with
WebDriver-367.15.10.45f01.pkg

Until nvidia releases a proper fix in their next update, stay with this driver as its compatible with 10.12.4 and even supports nightshift. If you had already installed the latest version(
378.05.05.05f01),
still you can downgrade it, just download this driver and start the installation, it will downgrade the driver and will give u a stable nvidia driver for 10.12.4 supporting nightshift.

Same problem with card Asus GTX760

It works perfectly fine for me.

Edit: never mind. Does not work with initial boot, but then turning the monitor off and on it works fine.

Last edited:
The best solution for this problem is to stay with
WebDriver-367.15.10.45f01.pkg

Until nvidia releases a proper fix in their next update, stay with this driver as its compatible with 10.12.4 and even supports nightshift. If you had already installed the latest version(
378.05.05.05f01),
still you can downgrade it, just download this driver and start the installation, it will downgrade the driver and will give u a stable nvidia driver for 10.12.4 supporting nightshift.

I had originally updated the graphics driver (to the 378 version) - but when I did, my mouse and keyboard (bt) could attach and detach - but weren't responsive with the the update. The issue went away when I went back to the 367 version.... Anyone else have this issue? Could the video driver impact the keyboard and mouse?

I had originally updated the graphics driver (to the 378 version) - but when I did, my mouse and keyboard (bt) could attach and detach - but weren't responsive with the the update. The issue went away when I went back to the 367 version.... Anyone else have this issue? Could the video driver impact the keyboard and mouse?

It shouldn't unless something else got corrupted.

on my 1070 nightshift will turn on after sleep / hibernation even tho i set it to off. display is all yellowish so every time i need to turn it on and off after sleep/hibernation to get rif of the yellow :p not a big problem tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back