Contribute
Register

[Solved] new mojave install not enough space ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock H270 pro4
CPU
i3-7300
Graphics
mobo intel chipset
hi guys?girls my first shut at this , doing fine untill i get the mesasge saying that it cant install mojave because the disk is too small for this operation ??? there is 1tb of space available .
im i doing anything wrong ???? if i restart i have two options available "external" and another one that says HFS , i used external to start the install wish took me to the disk util where i formated my 1TB HD the process continued and after the restart HFS is selected automatically and than the process continues and thats were i get the error about not enough space ..
please if anyone can help me .......

also if i reboot and try HFS again i get the error isntaller resources not found ...

Wondering if I should try a different HD ???? Or an ssd

So i fixed my own problem .Im sure i was not formating my target HDD the way i should of .

hi! i have your same problem! how can i resolve it?

hi! i have your same problem! how can i resolve it?
When you get access to disk Utility to format your target HD or SSD make sure you click the main hardrive name and not the subfolder, . After that you should be good to go . Let me know if you get confused ill post a picture.

Thank you, i ve resolved. I've formatted in Apple journaled, but mojave works with the new file system

When you get access to disk Utility to format your target HD or SSD make sure you click the main hardrive name and not the subfolder, . After that you should be good to go . Let me know if you get confused ill post a picture.
Thanks mate that worked!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back