Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well I took the plunge and began the next UtterDisbelief build for Kaby Lake ...

Although I've run 10.12.5 before on my Skylake system, my UniBeast stick is still at 10.12 (ok, my bad!)

The O/S installs 10.12.0 on the new system and boots to desktop, no problem. BUT when I allow an upgrade (App Store or Combo update) to 10.12.5 the system hangs at the Apple logo and progress bar (getting to about 75%)

Yes, I updated Clover to r4063 using MultiBeast 9.1 prior to the update.

Pulling my hair out with this one - re-installed many times as once updated I've not been able to boot again.

Specs: Gigabyte Z270 Gaming K3; Intel i3-7320; Corsair LP 3000 DDR4 16GB; Crucial MX200 SSD

I must be missing something as no-one else seems to have this problem.

Tried both Nvidia GPU and Intel iGPU alone. No difference. Could CSR need modifying for the later versions?

Any help or pointers much appreciated - even if just to point out what I've forgotten!

:)

I think you've forgotten the mods will ask for your zipped Clover folder (minus theme), and, if you can, a screen shot of a verbose mode boot output... :lol:

I would simply make a new 10.12.5 UB installer and try that.

I think you've forgotten the mods will ask for your zipped Clover folder (minus theme), and, if you can, a screen shot of a verbose mode boot output... :lol:

Hi there.

Yes they might but I can't boot in to get it! True I can view all the files using Terminal from my UniBeast stick.

Could zip the 10.12.0 install but would it help? It's working...

I would simply make a new 10.12.5 UB installer and try that.

Good idea. When my kids let me have the internet back I'll download the installer to make one

Ok, well I took (another) plunge...

So far it's looking as if @P1LGRIM spotted it. :thumbup: Thank you.

I installed the two kexts @tonymacx86 mentions in the macOS 10.12.5 update thread, turned off the Intel injection from the Clover boot Options, Fake CPUID'd and am now - finally - at the 10.12.5 desktop ! :)

(I was slightly daring in that I installed the two kexts to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other instead, mostly because I'll aim to put the Shiki kext in there too if the system needs it later for iTunes).

Next step is to install the Nvidia GPU and web-drivers ...

I'll report back on how that goes shortly.

Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated! :)

Ok, a quick PS ref this Kaby Lake 10.12.5 journey ...

Nvidia GTX 1050 in, Pascal web-drivers installed. Fully accelerated so far ...
Sound needed @RehabMan 's FakePCIID kexts to get sound out because although MultiBeast loaded the correct drivers and the devices showed-up, there was no audio. The kexts fixed this.
Network LAN for E2500 Killer chipset seems to work ok with Atheros E2200 drivers.
Trim needed enabling on the SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back