Contribute
Register

[Solved] Network activity (wifi) causing jerky bluetooth trackpad/mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170M-PLUS
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
I've had issues with my bluetooth magic trackpad from day one of my build but I've not been able to pinpoint exactly whats caused the issue until now (I think).

I have the Fenvi T919 Wifi and Bluetooth adapter which has Handoff and Continuity support and everything works well except for very jerky mouse intermittently. I think I've pin pointed the issue to network traffic as I'm in the process of copying a 5GB file over wifi to my NAS and the tracking on the trackpad is very bad in deed. Strangely the issue only happens when copying from my Mac to another device not the other way around.

I've seen posts elsewhere that the IntelMausiEthernet.kext (2.20) can sometimes cause issues but could this be causing my trackpad problem? The T919 works OOB so no drivers needed (on the Mac Side at lease).

Any help on the subject would be greatly received.

Last edited:
So I can confirm that when I use the built in wifi AND bluetooth on the T919 card my trackpad goes crazy with lag but ONLY when copying data from the Mac. My download speeds on this card are very low too. I tested using the built-in ethernet connected to a wifi extender and the issue is gone and the download speeds are much better (See attached).

Any ideas how I can solve the problem with the built in wifi on the T919?

Ok so I switched to 5Ghz on the Mac and also changed the 2.4ghz channel on the router and that seems to have resolved the issue. Looks to me like the wifi on 2.4ghz was taking over the Bluetooth and causing it to freak out. Hope this helps someone else who has this issue.

Ok so I switched to 5Ghz on the Mac and also changed the 2.4ghz channel on the router and that seems to have resolved the issue. Looks to me like the wifi on 2.4ghz was taking over the Bluetooth and causing it to freak out. Hope this helps someone else who has this issue.
so you have also switched to 5 Ghz from 2.4 Ghz on your router?

also how to force mac to connect to 5Ghz network? Cause most of the routers share 2.4 and 5.0 ghz networks at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back