1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Just installed latest Sierra version and despite having correct system definition 14.2 both visible in system report (inside OS) and config.plist (inside clover configurator), I can only get the system to boot if I manually set these system values inside boot options, smbios, at clover boot screen. For some reason that I do not understand, it always goes back to 11.3 as default.

Tried to remake the config file several times through clover configurator, but it always goes back to the same.

Appreciate some advice. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Just installed latest Sierra version and despite having correct system definition 14.2 both visible in system report (inside OS) and config.plist (inside clover configurator), I can only get the system to boot if I manually set these system values inside boot options, smbios, at clover boot screen. For some reason that I do not understand, it always goes back to 11.3 as default.

Tried to remake the config file several times through clover configurator, but it always goes back to the same.

Appreciate some advice. Thanks in advance.

As a guess, you probably have two config.plist files and the one that you are editing is not the one that you are booting with.

Mount your EFI partition and check /EFI/CLOVER also look in the root of your system drive for /EFI/CLOVER.

This happens when you install Clover in both UEFI mode and Legacy mode.

It can also happen if the config.plist file is corrupt, a corrupt file is like having no config.plist at all.

Thank you for your response, I have only one config.plist in /EFI/CLOVER, there is 14.2 correctly. Clover is installed in Legacy mode, no config file in root. Really strange.

I installed this new system on a new SSD because I wanted to have a look at the new features. Since there are still issues with sound and Nvidia support, I have my reliable El Capitan on a separate disk, with its own clover installation.

Since I use F12 and choose to boot from the Sierra/SSD, I'm quite sure that clover is booting with the correct config.

Any thoughts on that?

I have my reliable El Capitan on a separate disk, with its own clover installation.

Since I use F12 and choose to boot from the Sierra/SSD, I'm quite sure that clover is booting with the correct config.

Any thoughts on that?

Confirm it by disconnecting any additional disks.

Confirm it by disconnecting any additional disks.
As it turns out, despite using F12 and choosing my new SSD as boot option, it appears that the clover boot was using the smbios from my El Capitan disk. I was using 11.3 as my system for El Capitan. Changed it for my El Capitan to 14.2, and voila, smbios at boot screen now shows 14.2

Did not have to disconnect any disk, but if I had followed your advice, the solution to my problem would also be clear.

Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back