Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Need to enable QuickSync/Export on i8700K + RX 580 + FCPX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks bro,
i found a other way with good times on export.(always on mojave)
i do not now exactly how works but compare it with a build with nVidia 980Ti and qSync on has about the same export times,on the same project.
i have disable the iGPU
i have smbios iMac pro,
i use latest lilu and whatevergreen.
and nothing inject on clover.
That give me this VideoProc screenshot
Screenshot_01_10_2018__05_46.jpg
When try to inject the iGPU then i have worst times on export on Η.264 but and proress too.
If you want to share your efi folder to try yours (version)kexts i wiil do.
The test build is a 8700 non K with Red Evil Vega 64 and 16GB ram.
on 10min about 1080p 10bit and hi bit rate project from Panasonic GH5 i have about 6:30 min export.
On BruceX test has 11sec H264 export.
Thanks for sharing and help.

Last edited:
Do you managed to make the RX580 working in the same method?
I am currently struggling with the FCPX export without the iGPU.
However the iGPU enable will conflict with my thunderbolt 3 card,
therefore I am trying to make it happen without the iGPU.

Thank you very much for your time!

Thanks bro,
View attachment 354318
When try to inject the iGPU then i have worst times on export on Η.264 but and proress too.
on 10min about 1080p 10bit and hi bit rate project from Panasonic GH5 i have about 6:30 min export.

Do you managed to make the RX580 working in the same method?
I am currently struggling with the FCPX export without the iGPU.
However the iGPU enable will conflict with my thunderbolt 3 card,
therefore I am trying to make it happen without the iGPU.

Thank you very much for your time!

I have no longer the RX 580 to test it.. :| Sorry bro,
you have to find a way to bypass the conflict a DSDT maybe.

Last edited:
Thanks bro,
i found a other way with good times on export.(always on mojave)
i do not now exactly how works but compare it with a build with nVidia 980Ti and qSync on has about the same export times,on the same project.
i have disable the iGPU
i have smbios iMac pro,
i use latest lilu and whatevergreen.
View attachment 354318
If you want to share your efi folder to try yours (version)kexts i wiil do.
The test build is a 8700 non K with Red Evil Vega 64 and 16GB ram.
Thanks, I used the clues of your post and found another post on another Hackintosh forum. I'm not allowed to post it here but I followed their formula which was more involved than yours and it works great with AMD. ACEYYOUNG would be very interested in this. I do have Intel Init turned on and had to add:
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
to my previous list.
Also had to make several changes to bootflag, added ig-platform settings and a bunch of DSDT patches and I have it working without setting the iGPU to boot from. It does have to be on.

Some observations: When saving H.264 files out of Quicktime, it is blazing fast. 4k 11 min video compressed to 1080 in 1:45. Full use of my overclocked 7700K and the QuickSync frequency was about 1.2. FCPX is an odd duck. I'm pretty sure that 10.4 pushed all cores and the CPU to 4.8, 80° on the Intel Power Gadget. Fan on my watercooler was full blast. Since 10.4.3 FCPX is barely breaking a sweat and with this QS enabled setup it's pushing about .5 QS frequency, 3.5GHz CPU with temps around 40°. The fan stays quiet. H.264 conversion is about half the time of the length of the clip. I wonder if Apple tuned it for their MacBook Pros to not max out the utilization?

Finally, based on Cinebench scores, the RX 500 takes a bit of a hit on speed, but so far I'm glad to get FCPX outputting H.264 nicely again.

Would you post your EFI Folder on this forum so that I can have a comparison and possibly make it work in my system?

I have no longer the RX 580 to test it.. :| Sorry bro,
you have to find a way to bypass the conflict a DSDT maybe.
Thanks, I used the clues of your post and found another post on another Hackintosh forum. I'm not allowed to post it here but I followed their formula which was more involved than yours and it works great with AMD. ACEYYOUNG would be very interested in this. I do have Intel Init turned on and had to add:
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
to my previous list.
Also had to make several changes to bootflag, added ig-platform settings and a bunch of DSDT patches and I have it working without setting the iGPU to boot from. It does have to be on.

Some observations: When saving H.264 files out of Quicktime, it is blazing fast. 4k 11 min video compressed to 1080 in 1:45. Full use of my overclocked 7700K and the QuickSync frequency was about 1.2. FCPX is an odd duck. I'm pretty sure that 10.4 pushed all cores and the CPU to 4.8, 80° on the Intel Power Gadget. Fan on my watercooler was full blast. Since 10.4.3 FCPX is barely breaking a sweat and with this QS enabled setup it's pushing about .5 QS frequency, 3.5GHz CPU with temps around 40°. The fan stays quiet. H.264 conversion is about half the time of the length of the clip. I wonder if Apple tuned it for their MacBook Pros to not max out the utilization?

Finally, based on Cinebench scores, the RX 500 takes a bit of a hit on speed, but so far I'm glad to get FCPX outputting H.264 nicely again.

Would you post your EFI Folder on this forum so that I can have a comparison and possibly make it work in my system?
Yes, of course. Curiously, while this setup should work on High Sierra it goes into reboot loop but works fine on Mojave. I'm sure improvements can be made to it. I've removed my SMBIOS info but left it at 18,3. Good luck. Would love to hear how it goes.

Attachments

• CLOVER copy.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 184

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.4 MB · Views: 156
Thank you very much for sharing you EFI, that's very helpful.
I remove my Thunderbolt 3 Card and managed to the the iGPU(UHD 630) moving,
is that possible to run the video encoder on the RX580 instead of iGPU?
There must be a way because Xeon's do not have iGPUs. Try to find a Xeon install guide. And up until High Sierra I was not using the iGPU but something changed. I only have so much time to tinker. When I get something running I just move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back